About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lending Operations Manager (LO). This job is responsible for leading and managing staff who support multiple or large loan functions.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the activities of a Loan Production, Loan Servicing, and Commercial or Real Estate Construction Loan team responsible for loan processing, documentation, pre-closing or closing tasks, loan monitoring, loan servicing, or underwriting activities
- Engage stakeholders and internal partners associated with the Lending Operations functional area
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement and risk control development within Lending Operations functional area
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of new and revised systems, policies, and guidelines
- Oversee implementation of practices to ensure compliance with Wells Fargo legal, investor, regulatory, or business policies
- Make credit decisions and resolve issues regarding performance of a business unit or functional area to ensure business objectives are met
- Interpret and develop policies and procedures for functional areas with low to moderate complexity, and with accountability for special portfolio segments requiring focused management
- Collaborate and consult with Lending Operations peers, colleagues, and multiple level managers accountable for providing quality customer service to internal or external customers
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Lending Operations
- Mentor and guide talent development of direct reports and assist in hiring talent
- This LO position has customer contact and job duties which may include needs assessing and referring those customers interested in a dwelling secured product to a SAFE team member. This position includes assisting customers without taking an application and without offering or negotiating terms of a dwelling secured transaction. Individuals in a LO position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below
- Experience in Customer Service, Loan Administration, Collections, or Sales, and Transactions and Processing, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Leadership experience
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Commerce/Finance from a recognized University/Institute
- Minimum 12 Years’ of work experience in Banking Operations from a reputed Organization preferably in Wholesale Lending Operations along with minimum 4/5 Years’ of People Management experience
- Hands-on SME Experience in Wholesale Lending Operations is preferable
- Knowledge on MS Office Tools (Excel, PPT, Access) is an advantage
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills along with analytical & problem solving abilities
- Able to work under pressure and deliver within strict timelines
- Willing to continuously work in Night Shift (during core US hours)
- Lead BAU management during month-end and quarter-end/high volume days
- Knowledge of Budgeting & Capacity/Contingency planning
- Good and effective people management & engagement skills
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.