About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Business Accountability Specialist to be part of Transaction Monitoring product management within CIB COO / Market Conduct & Supervision Program Team.
In this role, you will:
- Lead or participate in moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within business and contribute to large-scale, cross-functional planning related to mitigation of current and emerging business risk issues and concerns
- Assess, analyze, and design moderately complex controls, protocols, and approaches with respect to risk mitigation and the control environment, including ensuring effective planning for sustainability, ongoing control adherence, reporting, measurement, technology impacts, and monitoring
- Independently make decisions and resolve moderately complex issues while leveraging solid understanding of the business’s functional area or products, operations, and regulatory environment; facilitate decision-making and issue resolution, and support implementation of developed solutions and plans; lead peers and key business partners to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to address current and emerging risks associated with business activities and operations, and provide guidance or support in interpreting, developing, and implementing risk-mitigating strategies
- Partner with peers and the business in interactions with external parties to support appropriateness and timeliness of response, and effectiveness of communications and materials
- May serve as a mentor for lower-level staff
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in, Finance, Economics, Management Consulting, or business administration
- 8+ years’ experience in business communications, consulting
- Expert proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel, with experience in data visualization and interpretation
- 4+ years of risk management, business controls, quality assurance, business operations, compliance, or process experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret and analyze data
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to motivate team members and provide feedback
- Collaborate and consult with colleagues, internal partners, and other business stakeholders to provide feedback, credibly challenge issues, and calibrate, as needed, to ensure alignment, consistency, and accuracy across groups
- Participate in cross-organizational or internal operational initiatives and improvement efforts
- Technical Business Analyst (Fixed income SME)
- Product knowledge of fixed income and/or Commodities.
- Background with pricing of Fixed Income product
- Strong SQL background.
- Experience with Market Abuse surveillance applications
- Strong Excel background .
- Ability to write VBA / Python scripts.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage and work collaboratively.
- Enjoys solving complex problems.
- Detail oriented, results driven, and has the ability to navigate in a quickly changing and high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- Strong PowerPoint Skills
- Working knowledge of BI Tools [Tableau/Power BI]
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholder
- Strong Excel skills
- Proficient writing and verbal communication
- Strong analytical skills
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.