About this role:
Lead CIB Portfolio Manager evaluates banks and other financial institutions in different regions like Asia and the Indian sub-continent, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East based upon standard and documented underwriting criteria as per Corporate and Financial Institutions Group (FIG) Credit Policies. The end-product is a timely and thorough review of the financial institution, with appropriate internal risk ratings assigned to the counterparty and acceptable justification of those ratings.
• Timely and accurate in the preparation of written analysis of banks and other financial institutions including Non-Bank Financial Institutions (NBFI) in assigned geographic markets. This includes extensive financial statement analysis of individual institutions and comparison to other peer institutions within the same country or sub industry.
• Accurate risk rating (including any changes from current ratings) must be assigned to the institution, with adequate justification contained within the analysis to support the assigned ratings.
• Application of monitoring tools to timely recognize potential problem loans in a specific market and/or counterparty.
• Maintain credit files for assigned accounts. May participate in planning for country exposure reviews by coordinating with line officers and outside resources to obtain supporting information and materials.
• May assist in internal and external exams by preparing the necessary credit folders for the exam. This will be done under direct supervision of the Portfolio Manager.
• The candidate for Lead CIB Portfolio Manager would be an MBA (Finance/ Banking), Cost and Management Accountant, Chartered Accountant/post graduate in Economics /FRM / CFA.
• Have 8-10 years of experience in corporate credit underwriting/credit rating including of top notch large corporates/4-5 years of credit rating /underwriting financial institutions, ideally should have worked in the credit department of whole sale banks or credit rating agencies
• Must have effective financial analysis research and note writing skills, with a strong command of English.
• Adept at advanced excel functionalities and working with voluminous data points in excel.
• The Lead CIB Portfolio Manager will take independent charge of many of the credit reviews assigned and will also mentor and train, perform QC of new comers/junior colleagues in the role.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.