2025 Summer Internship, Early Careers – Investment Banking (New York)
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo is seeking talent to join the 2025 Investment Banking Summer Internship in Corporate and Investment Banking. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
Investment Banking Overview
The Investment Banking group, which is organized by industry or product, is dedicated to understanding the unique competitive and operating environments of our clients. The group combines strong relationships and industry knowledge with superior capital markets and advisory capabilities that includes debt and equity underwriting, mergers and acquisitions, and loan syndications. The team maintains active relationships with a broad universe of middle market, large corporate, financial sponsor and institutional clients, and is highly experienced in delivering exceptional execution. You may be placed in an Industry Coverage or a Product Group.
Investment Banking Industry Coverage Teams
Provides a full range of investment banking and advisory services to clients in the following industries:
- Consumer & Retail
- Financial Institutions Group
- Real Estate, Gaming, Lodging and Leisure (REGAL)
- Regional Investment Banking
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications
Investment Banking Product Teams
Provides a full range of execution capabilities and services to clients in the following products:
- Corporate Finance
- Equity Capital Markets
- Global Institutional Client Group/Financial Sponsors
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Additional product groups:
- Fund Finance
- Sustainable Finance and Advisory
WHAT THE PROGRAM OFFERS
The IB Summer Internship is designed to provide undergraduate students an in-depth understanding of the day-to-day responsibilities of a full-time employee. Summer Interns receive a comprehensive professional and educational experience through on-the-job training by joining a business group and working alongside team members who are experts in their fields. In addition, the program offers organized activities that allow Summer Interns to receive analytical training, meet senior executives, and network with other participants across business lines.
IB Summer Interns, depending on the group to which they are assigned, assume significant responsibilities that may include:
- Developing and maintaining models to depict projected financial results and to value companies
- Working closely with senior bankers to prepare presentations and other materials for clients
- Performing comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research
- Participating in strategic planning and assisting in the execution of advisory services
- Conducting financial and credit analysis, preparing credit packages, and monitoring existing deals
- Participating in client meetings, due diligence visits, and other client interactions to gain exposure to key executives and senior bankers
Program duration: 10 weeks
Pay Range: New York: $53 Hourly
- 6+ months of work experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
IB Summer Interns must demonstrate a combination of academic aptitude, quantitative skills and personal motivation. It is preferred that your background includes:
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in finance and the financial markets
- Proven ability to take on significant responsibility
- Energetic self-starter who is flexible, organized, conscientious, and proactive
- An individual who demonstrates a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results
- Dedication to building a career in the financial services industry
- Relevant internship experience
- Bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation in December 2025 or May/June 2026
- Strong academic achievement
Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation, and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Pay Range$20.00 - $45.00
Wells Fargo provides all eligible full- and part-time employees with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their physical and financial health and to help them make the most of their financial future. Visit Benefits - Wells Fargo Careers for an overview of the following benefit plans and programs offered to employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Discounts and Savings
- Health Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarships for dependent children
- Adoption Reimbursement
Posting End Date:3 Mar 2024
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.