About this role:
- Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Operations Processor
- With people management experience
- In Wells Fargo’s Automated Clearing House (ACH) Operations, we succeed through the dedication of our team; providing team members with the tools, the training, and the opportunities to achieve their full potential. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
- The ACH team includes File Processing, Service Delivery, ACH Resolution, Processing Support, Production Support & Strategy, and Development & Testing Support.
In this role, you will:
- Support management in the day-to-day supervision of less experienced team providing guidance, and resolution to issues contributing to overall effectiveness of team
- Provide feedback and present ideas for improving or implementing processes and tools within Operations group
- Perform or guide others on complex escalated issues that require planning, evaluation, and interpretation
- Prioritize work and provide daily work leadership and mentorship to team
- Provide training and technical guidance to less experienced staff
- Lead or contribute to implementation of new or revised processes and procedures that require coordination among operation teams
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Interact with internal customers
- Receive direction from leaders
- Exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Serve as a resource to other departments on transaction structure, documentation, and company policies
- Six (6) years' experience in operations support, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, education
- Exposure to ACH (Automated Clearing House) System, Internal Funds Transfer, SWIFT
- Six (6) years' experience in Financial Services and Customer Service experience
- With people management experience
- Problem analysis and resolution skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Call center experience
- Strong data entry and attention to detail skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Strong research and documentation skills
- Amenable to work full-time onsite, Monday - Friday
- Amenable to work on shifting schedule, mid and night shift, local holiday
- Amenable to work in Five/NEO, BGC, Taguig City
- Process requests for authorization received from Financial Depository Institutions on Originated ACH transactions
- Prepare and deliver notices to relationships and dedicated teams in escalated situations
- Act as point of contact on requests and follow up with internal and external clients as needed
- Maintain requests in system of record
- Provide consultation to our business partners and customers of the rules and requirements of authorization requests
- Work with leadership on escalations of complex issues
- Actively seek work outside of assigned tasks and anticipate the needs of others/dept. and assist when needed
- Develop new knowledge and share with team/leaders for process improvements
Posting End Date:28 Feb 2024
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.