About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations. Learn more about Wells Fargo India at our International Careers website.
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Ireland, Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), Hong Kong, London and Seoul.
The EMEA Controller team is responsible for regulatory, financial, and management reporting requirements in the region. As well as forming a key part of the International Controllers organization, the team provides local support for varied financial services business lines as well as the International CFO.
About the Role
Working within the International Controllers Team, this role supports the maintenance of a robust financial control environment across the international region (primarily EMEA), helping achieve the primary objective of ensuring the accuracy of the books and records across entities within the regions and the timely and accurate financial reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities include the performance of financial controls and preparation of financial reports across assigned entities and/or lines of business, providing exposure to a wide range of business lines and banking products.
Performance of legal entity related financial control and reporting tasks, including:
- Ensure accurate books and records in compliance with relevant GAAP, preparation of the management accounts and assisting with ad hoc queries:
- Raise journals/perform established control tasks to evidence integrity of books and records, prepare management accounts.
- Identification of control weaknesses; proposal and implementation of remediating controls.
- Develop and perform financial control tasks including analytical review, transaction analysis, reconciliations, substantiation of GL balances, revenue analysis, cost analysis.
- Ensure operational documentation is maintained in line with relevant Wells Fargo policies
- Line of Business/Support Functions Contact:
- Perform Financial Control activities to support Business Lines/Support Functions and providing them with entity level reporting relating to their Line of Business/Support Function
- Assisting in explaining variances and facilitating understanding of relevant financial results
- Providing ad-hoc accounting support as necessary in relation to ad-hoc queries and projects (including new business initiatives)
- Support preparation of audited annual financial statements:
- Provision of financial data to facilitate creation of financial statements
- Interaction with external auditors as necessary
- In addition to the above ‘individual contributor’ tasks, this role will directly support the EMEA Financial & Reg reporting lead based in Chennai in the effective running of the Chennai based LEC team:
- Provide additional supervisory oversight of team activities on a day-to-day basis
- Provide effective ‘4-eyes’ review and challenge of output created by the team
- Support development of junior team members through transfer of knowledge
- Responsible for preparation of Intercompany Balance Sheet and Income Statement reports on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Responsible for preparation of Entity level analysis of Indirect Non-Interest Income/Expense (INII/INIE)
- Engagement with regulatory reporting team members to facilitate effective cross team interaction
- Qualified CA/CFA/ICWA/MBA-Finance with 8+ years of experience in Finance & Accounting
- Experience of working in a banking organization
- Experience in preparation of internal financial reporting, considering both Legal Entity and Line of Business dimensions.
- Working knowledge of financial services/products and their accounting treatment (US GAAP and IFRS).
- Self-motivated/proactive approach, with the ability to work independently within a team structure.
- Innovative mindset, with a track record of process enhancement (enhancing efficiency, control, transparency).
- Understanding of best-in-class expectations in respect of controls and governance.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to present concisely and accurately.
- Fast learner with an inquisitive mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of ‘NextGen’ tools such as Tableau, Confluence, Alteryx, Workiva and similar
Shift Timings: IST 13.30 to 22.30
Posting End Date:22 Feb 2024
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.