About Wells Fargo India & Philippines (WFIP)
Wells Fargo India & Philippines (WFIP) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. WFIP operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about WFIP at our International Careers website.
Commercial Banking Control Operations caters to Onboarding of New to Bank Customers in Commercial banking domain. Team also has Periodic Review, Data Quality Exceptions and Quality Check Capabilities in Wells Fargo India Financial Crimes Control operations. Financial Crimes Onboarding Team Conducts Know your Customer (KYC) Compliance process for Commercial Banking Line of business processes in line with the requirements of the USA Patriot Act as well as Wells Fargo corporate AML / BSA policy requirements. Is Responsible for assisting with the implementation and monitoring of a risk-based compliance program to assure compliance with federal, state, agency, legal and regulatory requirements. Reviews Customer Due Diligence information for accuracy and investigate discrepancies and Interacts with compliance representatives to assess potential unusual activity. Financial Crimes QC Team - Conducts QC reviews on Know Your Customer (KYC) Onboarding activity, Monitoring and Surveillance activity, and other financial crimes related activities and processes to ensure compliance with both the USA Patriot Act as well as Wells Fargo Corporate AML/BSA policy requirements. - Analyzes risks or errors and communicate negative findings to relevant Financial Crimes partner for rectification. Periodic Review Team Performs KYC Refresh Activity for Commercial banking customers. Data Quality Exceptions Team Reviews and resolves Core data element exceptions to ensure Customer data is consistent with Commercial Banking and enterprise data standard.
- Participate in conducting due diligence programs on moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within functional area and contribute to large scale planning related to functional area deliverables
- Able to lead business calls with stakeholders
- Provide subject matter expertise on due diligence documentation requirements and data sources
- Support business in execution of due diligence reporting processes and controls, interpret policies, guidelines, and governance programs
- Review and analyze client onboarding processes and challenges that require research, investigation, evaluation, and selection of alternative
- Provide subject matter expertise on documentation and data sources and exercise independent judgment to guide moderate to high-risk deliverables
- Compile and evaluate report result and escalate when necessary
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead team to meet functional area process deliverables
- Conduct certification program for new joiners.
- Conduct process training programs as and when required
- Leverage solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures and compliance requirements
- Should be able to leverage team level tasks
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, managers and internal and external customers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
- Raise issues to management to ensure Corrective Actions can be created and manage escalations effectively
- Participates in and provides compliance support for projects and initiatives with low to high risk to identify, assess and mitigate BSA/AML risk in business activities
- Graduation in any stream.
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, criminal justice, fraud, Bank Secrecy Act, anti-money laundering, or investigations of financial crimes or policy violations; experience in the foregoing Operational Risk Management processes and / or Compliance or Audit Programs of a banking back office operations.
- Familiarity with and working knowledge of BSA/AML programs including all aspects of KYC and / or other related risk and regulatory disciplines.
- Proven ability to collaborate with all levels of management and functional groups.
- Good Verbal And Written communication Skill
- Ability To Interpret data
- Analytical skills
- Quick learner
- Domain knowledge within banking
- Any certification related to AML/KYC – internal (within Org or external)
- Experience in Operational risk management processes and/or compliance and / or audit and / or regulatory programs with KYC Duties.
- AML/Sanctions Credential, ACAMS, CFE or CRCM designation, would be added value
Posting End Date:28 Feb 2024
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.