About this role:
Lead Systems Operations Engineer
In this role, you will:
- Provide Technical expertise driving the Major Incident bridge to ensure holistic support, proactive monitoring and overall health of Banking Infrastructure and application-based Services including IT applications, tools, infrastructure (hardware, data and software), security information access, system performance and data integrity.
- Utilizes appropriate IT tools to resolve issues with global, complex technical, business and mission critical environments.
- Recognizes recurring problems and proactively work with cross-functional teams to recommend solutions and process improvements.
- Collaborate with other Infrastructure, application teams and business units to lead, monitor and resolve system outages ensuring availability management of Network, Storage, OS, DB, Cyber Security, Mainframes, job schedules, Banking applications etc…
- Business Process Knowledge such as Digital Banking, Community Banking, Wholesale Banking, Wealth Advisors, Trading or Consumer Lending
- Working Knowledge of Netcool, Big Panda, SNOW, MS teams, Cloud services & Splunk
- Lead the technical bridge to reduce MTTR, enable team members to oversee processes to ensure timely completion, quality and compliance in Technology Major Incident Management (TMIM) competency.
- Flexible to work 24*7 and on-call basis based on business demands, working in a fast paced, high-energy environment that requires constant attention and decision making when major incidents occur collaborating with
- Identify opportunities for process improvement in Major incidents and proactive problem management.
- Manage the costs, demand, and resource capacity for the team resources, leveraging external resources as needed.
- Make decisions collaborating with the TMIM team and resolve issues related to technology operations and application deliverables.
- Being part of an on call for escalation, for engagement on P1/P2/P3 major incidents impacting business
- Collaborate with global team and consult with peers, colleagues and managers.
- Actively monitor several critical technology monitoring screens at the Command Center locations
- Proactively handle any incoming issues reported and drive seamlessly within agreed SLA's.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating virtual, enterprise-level meetings for production events.
- Proficient level experience with incident management, problem management, and change management.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and support complex technical issues and initiatives related to large-scale systems.
- General knowledge of application and infrastructure domains, including Web, Application, Database, and Server technologies. Mentor and guide talent development.
- Lead complex, broad impact initiatives including provision of high-level systems consultation for the technology teams.
- Work as key participant in large scale planning of computer systems and network infrastructure for Systems and Operations functional area.
- Make decisions on technical changes and enhancements.
- Collaborate and consult with technical peers, colleagues, and mid to more experienced level managers to resolve systems support issues and achieve goals.
- 12 + years’ experience of technology experience
- 7+ years’ experience of technology delivery and relationship management experience with small and large business units in a large corporate environment
- 5+ years’ experience of complex issue resolution experience
- Experience in Systems Engineering and operations.
- Result oriented with excellent skills and conscious of responsibility.
- Ability to retain solution focus under pressure.
- Multi-tasking capability handling all the tasks in the scope of work.
- Time Management & Workload Prioritization and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Practical Decision Making
- Advanced Problem Resolution
- Good Interpersonal & Communication skills (Verbal, email, MS Teams and skype)
- General understanding of bridge etiquette & WebEx
- Customer Centric Focus
- Sense of urgency to handle the issue reported and drive it until closure.
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management Knowledge/Skills/Ability Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in facilitating meetings / MIM Bridge leading to resolution.
- Knowledge and understanding of technology production support in a highly critical environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of technology infrastructure data center, network, storage, and compute domains.
- Knowledge/Skills/Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques, daily/weekly/monthly reporting and shift schedules.
- Knowledge/Skills/Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities collaborating with the leadership and TMIM team.
- Knowledge/Skills/Ability Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Work location based on the business needs and willing to work from office in the base location.
- Willingness to learn and upskill to meet the business needs (infrastructure and applications)
- Act as an excellent team player.
- Flexible to work 24*7 rotational shifts, willing to work beyond the shift hours / off days to meet business needs as appropriate.
- Adherence to Timely login and logout being part of the Command Center
- Ability to be available at desk throughout the scheduled shift hours and ensure to follow break management coordinating with leads globally.
- Self-learning, development and Knowledge sharing
- Adhere to HR policies, shift availability, team meeting and daily cadence.
- Focus and lead the process improvements in the scope of command center, monitoring and technical teams.
- Willingness to learn regularly in the dynamic changing environment.
- Adhere to the defined KPI’s (SLA/SLO) and performance goals to ensure the performance is at par to meet the individual / team metrics.
- Timely notifications to teams, leadership / executives with quality updates of the incidents adhering to the SLA’s.
Leadership being a major incident manager.
Cloud expertise & certification (preferred: Azure and GCP)
Batch processing applications.
Posting End Date:3 Mar 2024
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.