About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Fleet Portfolio Manager to be part of their Railcar Leasing Business. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
In this role, you will:
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for assigned railcar segments and communicate future direction of the portfolio.
- Analyze commodity markets and research rail industry trends, and supply demand dynamics to support investment rationale.
- Establish and lead pricing recommendations and strategy for portfolio segments.
- Support sales and credit teams with operating lease activity and the development of lease structures to pursue new business opportunities and effectively remarket the fleet.
- Work closely with sales and marketing to research, collect and analyze data including industry and market trends, economic factors, commodity forecasts, competitive analysis and overall railcar supply and demand dynamics.
- Understand key railroad metrics and indicators along with regulatory and legislative activity affecting fleet segments. Stay current on industry changes and issues, such as AAR, DOT and FRA regulations.
- Work with mechanical and operations teams to understand and provide asset related technical consultation.
- Make investment recommendations and develop programs to optimize portfolio diversity, exposure, and composition of the fleet
- Represent Wells Fargo Rail at industry conferences through attendance and participation in customer meetings.
- 5+ years of Product Management, product development, strategic planning, process management, change delivery experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience working cross functionally with sales, marketing, finance and risk teams
- Proven analytic, research, and strategic thinking skills
- BA in Finance, Marketing, Risk Management, or related field
- Master’s degree is preferred
- 5+ years railroad industry experience, operating lease experience, or a combination of both
- Experience in underwriting, market research and strategy development
- Innovative, creative and self-motivated individual with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to balance strategic focus with tactical implementation and execution
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.