About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Control Management Specialist...
In this role, you will:
- Participate in identifying, assessing, managing, and mitigating current and emerging risk exposures within Control Management functional area
- Provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, business processes, and business controls
- Monitor moderately complex business specific programs and provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on the impact of decisions and controls to the relevant business group or functional area
- Provide guidance to business groups on the development, implementation, and monitoring of business specific programs to identify, assess, and mitigate risk
- Collaborate with relevant business group to identify current and emerging risks associated with business activities and operations
Required Qualifications, US:
- 6+ years of Risk Management or Control Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education
Required Qualifications, International:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- At least 6 to 9 years of relevant experience in IT / Information Security risk and control management
- Experience reviewing strategies and methodologies, evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of Information security frameworks and standards, policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products, and internal controls
- Strong Information Security technical skills and knowledge to identify, research and understand security control gaps and program compliance issues
- Demonstrated knowledge of Technology and Security risk frameworks – ISO 27001, COBIT, FFIEC, NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, ITIL etc.
- Ability to interact with all levels of team members in the organization
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- One or more professional certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CCSK etc.
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet aggressive time frames
- Track record of providing constructive challenge and ability to drive and contribute towards issue identification, escalation and offering solutions for corrective action/remediation.
- Strong ability and experience working with and collaborating with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional lines
- Excellent problem solving, research, and follow-up skills
- Ability to work with complex teams; have global experience, preferably US banks
- Comfortable with making and presenting recommendations to a wide audience of stakeholders
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills
- Experience in automation of controls
- Provide information and cyber security risk and regulatory compliance support and consult on projects/programs and initiatives with moderate/high risk.
- Provide credible challenge and recommendations to technology and business teams on appropriate risk management with support from team leaders on more complex issues.
- Drive front line risk strategy across the supported ICS LOB; and establish, administer, and execute long-term goals for controlling risk in accordance with risk program requirements with assistance from team leaders on more complex issues.
- Support of design & implementation of the front-line risk management program requirements and controls related business procedures, processes, and systems of internal controls to ensure adequacy and effectiveness across ICS front line functions.
Evaluate key risk and performance indicators to identify emerging trends within the business and across risk domains.
- Interact with leaders, independent risk management and external audit to foster transparency and appropriate awareness of risk control activities.
- Establish and maintain communication protocols to foster information sharing and collaboration.
- Promote a strong risk culture, cultivate relationships, and foster a team orientation with ICS business partners, independent risk management, and internal audit.
- Support risk strategy across the supported ICS LOB; and administer and execute long-term goals for controlling risk in accordance with risk program requirements.
- Support implementation of the front-line risk management program requirements and related business procedures, processes, and systems of internal controls to ensure adequacy and effectiveness across ICS functions.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.