About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Systems Operations Engineer in Technology Architect and Engineering as part of Technology . Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
In this role, you will:
- Participate in complex technical issues and initiatives related to large scale applications, systems, databases, or other technical products and services
- Identify opportunity for process improvements within technical support strategies and plans
- Review and analyze technical queries to extract data, create standard databases, or perform limited programming to fine tune systems supporting low to medium risk technical deliverables
- Present recommendations for resolving complex technical queries
- Exercise some independent judgment to analyze performance trends and recommend process improvements while developing understanding of technical process controls or standards
- Work as an internal consultant regarding use of tools and processes
- Provide information related to supported system area to functional colleagues, internal partners and stakeholders, including internal customers
- 2+ years of Systems Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years of technology experience
- 2+ years of application production support experience
- 2 + years of experience troubleshooting environments across the entire architecture (i.e. applications to infrastructure)
- 2+ years of Incident Management System experience
- Knowledge around Middleware - Tomcat, Weblogic, Websphere
- Understanding of application infrastructure architecture
- Knowledge of databases and SQL - Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
- Knowledge of web application architecture including webservers, application servers, firewall, network
- Experience with setting up and configuring monitoring/alerting solutions, automating tasks using scripts
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
- Ability to provide and work from a home office
Job Posting Locations:
EL MONTE, CA
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
In this position you will be asked to provide support for Wholesale Digital & Transformational Technology (WDTT) applications as an Systems Operations Engineer on the Platform Management Team across the portfolio. The focus will be to drive incident management, triage and troubleshooting in addition to aiding in improving overall system stability and reduce Mean Time To Recovery (MTTR), enable High Availability and improve Disaster Recovery. In addition proactively identifying troublesome trends as they develop; analyze/predict trends, implement effective monitoring/alerting and develop a long-range plan designed to resolve problems and prevent them from recurring; maintains high service levels for the IT community. Direct the daily Risk and Control flow of operations, focusing on policies, procedures, and work standards to ensure success; re-engineering and driving continual service improvement.
Job seekers must meet Basic Qualifications to be considered qualified and eligible applicants. – Excellent verbal and written communication skills. – Background in one or more infrastructure or application technologies. – Strong problem solving skills.
Preferred Skills: - Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience - Strong analytical skills with both detail and big-picture processing - Self-motivated, well organized with strong innovation, infrastructure knowledge and development skills - Proven oral and written communication skills; excellent business presentation skills
Pay Range$30.58 - $54.33 Hourly
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.