About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Control Management Officer...
The Control Officer is the responsible risk management leader for control activities within Strategy, Digital, and Innovation (SDI). The control leader is accountable to SDI business leaders for ensuring the businesses consistently implements the front line risk programs, including regulatory and enterprise risk programs.
The successful candidates will work closely with other leaders throughout SDI and the company in the development and execution of company risk management strategies. Accordingly, critical success factors will include the ability to develop partnerships with many business and functional areas, provide insight into the economic climate and related market developments and identify trends which may present opportunities or reflect gaps in the Company’s risk management execution/direction.
The SDI Control team for Digital is responsible for partnering with Wells Fargo Digital to identify, assess, manage and mitigate current and emerging risk exposures associated with their activities and operations. Monitors, measures, evaluates, and reports on the impact of decisions and controls to management. Consults and provides guidance to business groups on the development, implementation, and monitoring of complex business-specific programs to identify, assess, and mitigate risk. Provides a high level of risk management acumen to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, business processes and controls that mitigate risks and address regulatory requirements. Develops and implements risk monitoring and risk reporting processes and controls. Monitors and reports on its risk concentration, current and emerging risk, and risk appetite. Aggregates, evaluates, reports on results and escalates where necessary. Leads control implementation support for initiatives with moderate to high risk. Collaborates internally with business regarding risk management of business-specific risk programs. May interface with Independent Risk Management, Audit, Legal, external agencies, and regulatory bodies regarding risk management of business-specific risk programs. May lead project/virtual teams and may mentor but does not manage other team members.
Specific responsibilities include :
- Ensures the effective implementation and ongoing maintenance of the business control environment through execution of the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) program.
- Contributes to the development and enhancement of the business control environment through execution of the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) program.
- Engages in the development and implementation of new controls, action plans, and root cause analysis of gaps and assist with the development of corrective action plans.
- Supports the Business with implementation of Control programs by providing consultative guidance.
- Gathers and analyzes data to understand and diagnose issues; Assesses and designs appropriate metrics to inform and monitor the health of the operational risk environment.
- Supports a strong risk management culture through the implementation of key risk management programs into the standard operating framework of the business.
- •Support functionally to meet the BCM goals and control coverage requirements. The job involves interacting with the business group managers, onshore/offshore partners to understand and analyze the processes, identify risks and controls in the processes, evaluate the controls, End to End Issue Management support Business and publish various reports to stakeholders.•Should have sound understanding of risk management principles and will be responsible for ensuring appropriate control coverage is provided for the assigned business group, be a strong partner for business group to identify risk, control gaps and help to remediate any issues.•Timely update, reporting and escalation of issues. Closely work with GDAs to identify, assess and mitigate deficient controls / control gaps or risks identified in the processes•Partners with BG/EF to facilitate issues partners throughout the issue lifecycle including Root cause identification, Corrective action development and RCSA alignment.•Experience in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; additional experience analyzing business and/or systems changes to determine impact.•Responsible to assist for control forums and provide necessary reporting for the assigned business group which includes report & escalate issues, key risks, control gaps, corrective actions, OREs and align them to the respective onshore Risk and Control Committees.•Be a subject matter expert with respect to aligned lines of businesses.
7+ years of experience in risk management or 7+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in risk management
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Solid problem solving skills
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to identify and evaluate trends, isolate root cause, and provide swift/thorough resolution
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: used in waterfall or Agile development projects
- Ability to be flexible and adjust plans quickly to meet changing business needs
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with Issues Management, design of controls and managing corrective actions.
- Knowledge across enterprise risk management framework, including: risk identification, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance.
- Ability to grasp complex business issues quickly, recommend solutions, and drive for resolutions
- Experience leading process, risk and control assessments to identify and evaluate exposures and potential risks
- Experience with Business Process Management (BPM).
- Experience leading issue management activities including root cause analysis and corrective action planning and monitoring
- Experience in understanding and documenting unfamiliar processes in order to identify key risks, identify and evaluate controls and provide consulting to remediate control deficiencies.
- Strong understanding of policies, procedures, and programs to ensure appropriate and effective risk mitigation controls are in place.
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Ability to work independently in a team environment where other team members, team management, and business partners are not always local.
- Prior financial services, internal/external audit, and/or operational risk experience.
- Experience leading virtual teams and meetings
- Excellent time management skills; work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo Operational Risk tools
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.