About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Control Management Specialist...
In this role, you will:
- Evaluate the design and performance of internal controls through the execution of EBCE’s, which may vary in complexity and scope in an effective manner.
- Completes assigned control evaluations timely, with quality and escalates concerns appropriately.
- May act as a coordinator leading engagements and performing quality control for more junior assessors
- May develop annual test plans and raise schedule delays to the evaluation coordinator or leader with proposed resolution plans. Creates engagements within the tool, executes EBCEs and may perform quality control of other assessors EBCEs.
- Escalates any potential control deficiencies discovered during the completion of the control evaluation to a control evaluation lead and/or control owner.
- Foster relationships with team and collaborate effectively. Coordinates with team, line of business, other business units on risk related topics.
- Completes applicable documentation in accordance with requirements.
- Interfaces internally with the team and line of business.
- Dynamic individual contributor role with the opportunity to lead project/virtual teams and mentor less experienced employees.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Risk Management or Control Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Knowledge and understanding of audit, regulatory compliance, or risk management
- Audit or internal controls testing experience
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to identify and resolve problems
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate finance: industry, products, and processes
- Risk and finance regulatory reporting experience
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Audit, testing or internal control evaluation experience preferably within the financial services industry
- Experience drafting and executing control evaluation test scripts
- Experience testing the design and performance of internal controls
- General knowledge of industry standards and best practices around control evaluations and risk management processes.
- Proficiently builds constructive and effective relationships. Delivers on commitments and renegotiates when needed. Sense of accountability.
- Audit or internal control evaluation experience preferably within the financial services industry
- Experience drafting and executing control evaluation test scripts to assess the design and performance of internal controls
- Thorough knowledge of industry standards and best practices around control evaluations and risk management processes
- Experience evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems, and internal controls; additional experience analyzing business and/or systems changes to determine impact. Familiar with various quality assurance techniques
- Proficiency with risk types, methodologies, and frameworks for evaluating or testing controls and assessing results, conducting research, and identifying control deficiencies.
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results- driven environment.
- Experience drafting and executing control evaluation test scripts to assess the design and performance of internal controls.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, with various levels of management.
- Proficient understanding of operational risk management in the financial services industry
- Experience in assessing risk, reviewing risk ratings, and identifying control deficiencies.
- Willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues, where necessary.
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and deliver results quickly. Skilled ability to deliver high quality output.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.