At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the WIMT Platform Services team. As a Senior Software Engineer you will implement SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) practices and deliver enterprise capabilities that improve overall stability and availability of applications within the Wealth and Investment business lines. You’ll join Software engineering team who enjoys and thrives on solving complex problems through innovation, impacting change at scale.
In this role, you will:
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments
- Contribute to large scale planning of strategies
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments
- Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 1+ year of product development and product management experience
- 1+ year of build-deploy automation and configuration experience within the Linux and Unix environment
- 1+ years of experience with Cloud technologies.
- 1 + years of experience developing or supporting IT Service Management solutions (e.g. Incident Management, Change Management, Asset Management and Configuration Management)
- 1+ years of experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies.
- Experience with system administration across multiple platforms.
- Experience with one or a combination of the following: Java, .NET, Python, API Calls, Reverse Proxy, or Process Automation.
- Experience with Ansible automation tool.
- Experience with version control or source code repositories to include: Jenkins, GitHub, Artifactory or XMLSpy
- Experience with one or more Observability/Monitoring tools: Elastic, Kibana, Grafana, AppDynamics, New Relic, DataDog, Kafka, CloudWatch, Jaeger, Zipkin, Big Panda, Splunk, TrueSight, JAWS and Prometheus.
- Experience with one or more Testing Frameworks: Selenium, JMeter, Blazemeter, Performance Center, Perfecto, Cucumber, Gherkin, ALM, Gremlin, Chaos Monkey, Chaos Toolkit, Simian Army, Toxi Proxy
- Experience with one or more OS and Platforms: AWS, PCF, PKS, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Linux, Azure, Windows, VMware.
- Knowledge of one or more additional capabilities: AIOps (Moogsoft, BigPanda, UIpath), Robotic Processing, Automation, Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning (ML) Frameworks, Capacity Management.
- 340 Innslake Dr,Glen Allen,VA
- 300 S Brevard St, Charlotte, NC
- 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd, Charlotte,NC
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.