About this role:
Auto Technology is seeking a Principal Engineer who thinks strategically, exhibits long-term vision and brings the highest technical thought leadership to the organization.
This role will be accountable for assisting delivery leaders within the Auto Lending Technology group by developing target state architecture of the products offered, that help realize Customer First approach through modern design and technologies. They will provide engineering guidance to other LOBs, help mentor senior engineers, and keep abreast with industry trends and issues. They will collaborate with key partners such as Auto Lending Product Strategy & Delivery, Architecture, Engineering and Platform and application development teams in articulating current and future state of the Auto Lending technology landscape.
In this role, you will:
- Act as an advisor to leadership to develop or influence applications, network, information security, database, operating systems, or web technologies for highly complex business and technical needs across multiple groups
- Lead the strategy and resolution of highly complex and unique challenges requiring in-depth evaluation across multiple areas or the enterprise, delivering solutions that are long-term, large-scale and require vision, creativity, innovation, advanced analytical and inductive thinking
- Translate advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions
- Provide vision, direction and expertise to leadership on implementing innovative and significant business solutions
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations or provide a competitive advantage to the organization
- Strategically engage with all levels of professionals and managers across the enterprise and serve as an expert advisor to leadership
Required Qualifications, US:
- 7+ years of Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 7+ years of C#.NET experience
- 5+ years of experience with Cloud technologies
- 2+ years of experience with observability tools such as Elasticsearch, Kibana, and logstash
- 3+ years of Kubernetes experience
- 3+ years of experience with Kafka and PubSub patterns tools
- 3+ years of microservices development experience and API enablement
- Experience with automation, regression, and performance testing
- Experience with CI/CD technologies such as Jenkins, Github, Artifactory, Sonar etc.
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Agile experience
- Financial industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of secure SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies
- Knowledge and understanding of Cloud computing, PaaS design principles and micro services and containers
Ability to travel up to 5% of time.
Flexibility to work additional hours outside regular business hours
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.