About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations. Learn more about Wells Fargo India at our International Careers website.
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Ireland, Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), Hong Kong, London and Seoul.
The EMEA Controller team is responsible for regulatory, financial, and management reporting requirements in the region. As well as forming a key part of the International Controllers organization, the team provides local support for varied financial services business lines as well as the International CFO.
About the Role
Working within the wider Controllers Team, this role supports the preparation and submission of complete, accurate, and timely regulatory reporting to various regulatory authorities.
Responsibilities include oversight of production activities (data processing, report compilation), review of reporting output, and maintenance of a robust control environment.
- Performance of regulatory reporting production tasks, including:
- Support technical analysis of reporting rules/instructions, working with key stakeholders including EMEA regulatory policy
- Operate/monitor data sourcing and data ingestion processes
- Run defined production processes involving data transformation, and as necessary adjustment, to create required outputs
- Operate key production related controls, including investigation and resolution of issues where required
- Perform analytical review of reporting output, including provision of commentary as necessary
- Support development and maintenance of a robust and effective control environment:
- Work with control stakeholders to ensure that operating controls are fully aligned to the standards and expectations of the EMEA Controller function
- Provide relevant control metrics as required to facilitate oversight and governance
- Handle issues and errors in line with International Controller and Enterprise-wide policies and procedures
- Ensure operational documentation is maintained, and is best in class
- Participate in change management activities to support ongoing reporting accuracy and process efficiency:
- Support continuous improvement of processes utilized within regulatory reporting, embracing wherever possible digital tools such as Alteryx, Tableau, and Workiva
- Partner with the change management and technology functions to support major change delivery, including (but not limited to) provision of technical/business requirements, engagement with testing, creation of revised operating models and supporting documentation
- Support development of junior staff, and as necessary perform day to day operational oversight tasks (work prioritization, status monitoring & reporting etc.)
- Qualified CA/CFA/ICWA/MBA-Finance with 8+ years of experience in Finance & Accounting
- Experience preparing regulatory returns for a financial services organization, ideally encompassing both US and International (UK/European capital & liquidity returns, as well as financial/statistical reporting) output.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently within a team structure.
- Innovative mindset, with a track record of process enhancement (enhancing efficiency, control, transparency).
- Understanding of change management discipline, and the ability to collaborate effectively data management teams and Technology partners
- Understanding of regulatory/best in class expectations in respect of controls and governance
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to present concisely and accurately to senior audiences
- Strong academic background, and a financial/accounting professional qualification.
- Honesty and integrity in all aspects of their work.
- Intuitive; fast learner with good problem-solving skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of ‘NextGen’ tools such as Tableau, Confluence, Alteryx, Workiva and similar
Shift Timings : IST 13.30 to 22.30
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.