About this role:
The Senior Lead Tax Analyst will be responsible to act as the single point of contact for the Enterprise on all EMEA and APAC, and Canada operational tax matters. In partnership with local and global enterprise-wide stakeholders, the individual will be responsible to drive strategy to support processes, procedures, and controls to be in compliance with tax regulations in support of Wells Fargo businesses. In addition, this individual will lead international strategy and governance. Immediate focus for this role will include financial transaction tax (FTT) enhancements, EMEA withholding/reporting oversight for collateral flows, and establishment of tax reclaim and vouchers process. The team member is also expected to contribute to global efforts including US taxes and FATCA/ common reporting standard (CRS) reporting. The role requires business analysis, process re-engineering, implementation of control enhancements, working with global stakeholders and monitoring and governance of daily processes with international tax considerations. Ideal candidate should have experience with one or more of these functions and demonstrate familiarity with EMEA and APAC tax rules, corporate actions, withholding requirements and ability to interpret international tax rules, in particular with capital markets.
In this role, you will:
- Work with Tax Compliance, Corporate Tax, and all business groups across Wells Fargo to understand the Global Tax Information Reporting (GTIR) guidelines and assess existing operational processes against the guidelines; recommend and support implementation of workflows or enhanced processes needed to address identified gaps
- Provide leadership on all non-US operational taxes impacting all Enterprise groups, with a focus on EMEA, APAC and Canada tax law requirements
- Lead and review existing FTT framework across applicable markets, identify control gaps, partner with global stakeholders on remediation and develop a well-controlled operational workflow for tax payments and reporting; the lead specialist will be responsible to establish a reconciliation model to govern FTT collection from clients and remittance to tax authorities
- Review EMEA collateral flows in the light of withholding taxes, work with Corporate and Investment Banking front office to develop triggers/ alerts to address tax issues during collateral receipt/ return/ substitution
- Partner with external vendors, Broker Dealer Operations, Middle Office, Collateral Operations, Client Onboarding, and other stakeholders to ensure accurate reporting, withholding, and reclaims
- Leverage business intelligence capabilities to identify and rectify exceptions detected throughout the year
- Lead enterprise international tax strategic initiatives across technology, process, control, and operational excellence
- Support leadership in development and implementation of complex processes, industry related regulations, and long-term goals for highly complex tax business needs across organization
- Lead the target operating model for international taxes, in partnership with all business groups
- Provide strategic consultation to senior leaders throughout the organization on non-US operational tax matters
- In collaboration with in-house tax advisors, perform tax research, provide technical expertise, or assistance on major transactions, and changes in operational tax law or interpretations
- Apply extensive specialized expertise on operational taxes in order to influence and provide direction to management on complex, highly sensitive situations or negotiations
- Communicate practices and procedures for proper control activities in accordance with Wells Fargo's internal controls policies
- Interface with external agencies, jurisdictional tax authorities and industry forums
- Work with stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives
- Articulate impact of policy changes to management within business group or companywide
- Experience in Corporate Tax, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- MBA or an advanced degree (or equivalent experience)
- Experience at one of the big 4 accounting firms
- Demonstrable experience in capital markets industry with a top tier bank and/ or project management experience is preferable
- Candidates should have strong international tax knowledge specifically (but not limited to) FTTs, EMEA withholding, EMEA tax reporting, UK stamp duty, tax vouchers and reclaim processes
- Candidates should be able to effectively connect the dots across a large organization, interpret tax rules and have prior knowledge of establishing operational tax workflows
- Strong candidates should possess superior verbal and written communication skills, portray great levels of accountability and attention to detail
- Candidates should be able to work effectively in a demanding, fast-paced, dynamic environment, handling multiple tasks and projects concurrently, while maintaining quality, accuracy, and integrity
- Candidates should have experience presenting information to persuade, educate, and enhance understanding at all levels
- Candidates should be able to work in a global team, interact at different levels and handle a wide range of deliverables with varying levels of complexities
- Understanding of EMEA and APAC and Canada operational tax requirements and processes related to tax processing and reporting activities
- Working knowledge of Capital Markets flows (institutional securities sales and trading and/or investment banking) in operations, risk management, client service, or compliance/regulatory/legal capacity
- Quick learner and ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Knowledge or experience with Broadridge/ BPS/ TMS is an added advantage
- Experience identifying and driving process improvements in complex and institutional banking environment
- Strong communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills, including the ability to negotiate with numerous parties and across all levels
- Proven ability and experience in being able to look at the big picture across a risk program and implement successful strategy and solutions
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and adherence to strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively multi-task and successfully work on several unrelated projects at the same time
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.