About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Control Management Senior Manager...
The Strategy, Digital and Innovation (SDI) team forges the strategic direction of Wells Fargo, provides and manages our digital foundation and common capabilities, and transforms our business models to meet evolving customer needs and grow the company. The investments we are making will help the company create innovative digital banking experiences, and make it easier for customers to achieve their financial goals.
The Control Sr Manager is the responsible risk management leader for control activities within Strategy, Digital, and Innovation (SDI). The control leader is accountable to SDI business leaders for ensuring the businesses consistently implements the front line risk programs, including regulatory and enterprise risk programs.
The successful candidates will work closely with other leaders throughout SDI and the company in the development and execution of company risk management strategies. Accordingly, critical success factors will include the ability to develop partnerships with many business and functional areas, and present opportunities or reflect gaps in the Company’s risk management execution/direction.
Specific responsibilities include :
- Manages a team of Officers and/or Sr Associates from cross-functional teams in accomplishing group strategic priorities.
- Executes and implements business control priorities and strategy; drive the control agenda across the business.
- Evaluates and provides strategic guidance for programs, policies and procedures to ensure alignment with regulatory requirements and risk strategies.
- Supports to the business for the design of business-specific risk controls/processes and development of remediation plans to address any control weaknesses or gaps and identifies opportunities for enhancements.
- Ensures that business control issues are proactively identified and addressed appropriately, escalating where necessary.
- Oversees programs or initiatives related to a line of business and/or an Enterprise strategy with considerable impact across the Enterprise and externally.
- Key interface and fosters relationships with corporate, business heads, Corporate Risk, Legal, Audit, regulators, and industry partners regarding risk management of business-specific risk programs
University degree in Business or related discipline. 15+ years of experience in risk management or 15+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 12+ years must include direct experience in risk management; 10+ years of leadership experience.
- Experience in building and managing teams, developing talent, and providing strong, proactive leadership.
- Proficient at effectively working and collaborating with teams within a matrixed organization.
- Experienced in building constructive and effective relationships. Delivers on commitments and renegotiates when needed. Strong sense of accountability.
- Creates and mentors on building constructive and effective relationships. Risk management experience with demonstrated leadership skills and ability to drive improvements.
- Proficient at influencing and consulting strategically across a large organization and with various levels of leadership/stakeholders.
- Balance strong, innovative problem solving skills with the practical ability to implement workable solutions to problems in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Strong risk and control fundamentals.
- Effectively communicates in both written and verbal formats with senior executive-level leaders.
- Extensive understanding of operational risk management in the financial services industry.
- Experience in assessing risk, reviewing risk ratings, and identifying control deficiencies.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with senior management. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues, where necessary.
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and deliver results quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality output from self and team.
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Proven relationship-building skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver repeatable end to end risk management solutions and controls aligned with business/customer processes
- Strong understanding of risk framework, corporate/business policies, and programs to translate into plans for the business, function and/or risk type.
- Ability to lead credible challenge to the business and adapt quickly through research and analysis
- Experience with Risk and Control Assessments (RCSA), and/or with managing changes to products/processes
- Hands on style; proven ability to execute and achieve targeted results and develop and manage associated goals and plans
- Highly proficient in collaborating with project stakeholders, business partners, and technical team members
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services: regulations, compliance, policies, process, and procedures
- Ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk, complexity and meet aggressive time frames
- Experience leading virtual teams and meetings
- Future-thinking and the ability to think outside the box
- Excellent time management skills; work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Prior financial services, internal/external audit, and/or operational risk experience.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.