About this role:
The Enterprise Functions Technology (EFT) group provides technology solutions and support for Risk, Audit, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Corporate Properties, and Stakeholder Relations business lines. In addition, EFT provides unique technology solutions and innovation for Wells Fargo Technology, Enterprise Shared Services, and Enterprise Data Management. This combined portfolio of applications and tools are continually engineered to meet the challenges of stability, security, scalability, and speed.
Enterprise Service Management (ESM) team is a new organization in EFT which represents the integration of the ServiceNow delivery team, IT data, and Governance to provide an unmatched, industry-leading experience for customers and employees alike. ESM’s vision is to empower our teams to work smarter, faster, and more consistently through efficient process, reusable capabilities, and trusted data. The vision will be accomplished by focusing on the following four priorities:
1. Reliable, stable platform for day-to-day use
2. Trusted data ‒ architected, managed, and governed
3. Value realization though out-of-the-box implementation
4. Increased efficiency and effectiveness resulting in an improved employee experience
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Data Engineer who will be responsible for delivering the ServiceNow data governance and quality capabilities in alignment with enterprise and IT data governance policies and standards. They will work with team of data engineers and business analysts accountable for executing the data governance and quality roadmap.
In this role, you will:
- Work on complex data initiatives with broad impact and act as key participant in large scale software planning for the Technology area
- Perform data analysis and data defect resolution within a data warehouse environment.
- Perform SQL queries to analyze and troubleshoot issues.
- Discover data quality issues and design solutions to remediate.
- Make decisions in complex and multi-faceted data engineering situations requiring understanding of technology data and data relationships.
- Strategically collaborate and consult with internal partners to resolve highly risky data engineering challenges
- 4+ years of Data Engineering or Data Quality experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis within a data warehouse environment
- ETL (software agnostic) experience
- MapR Hadoop/Hive and Oracle SQL Experience
- Experience in query and/or SQL tuning
- CI/CD Tool Experience
- Autosys experience
- Experience working in an Agile Team
- Experience with IT data, especially ServiceNow
- Understanding of SDLC Requirements
- Experience in performing peer SQL code reviews
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Wells Fargo data modelling experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- Works quickly and independently to meet required sprint objectives
- Actively participates in cross-team meetings and is excited to share knowledge for broader team improvement
- Effective communicator
- Ability to work additional hours or outside of regular business hours as needed
Willingness to work on-site as needed
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.