APAC Controllers group is responsible for regulatory, financial and management reporting requirements in the region. As well as forming part of the International Controllers organization, the team provides local support for varied financial services business lines.
- Perform a Business Analyst and/or Product Owner role on Change the Bank and Run the Bank activities across APAC – Mandatory projects, new products, Business Strategy and Growth, data and infrastructure projects.
- Work with the team lead on the planning, testing, implementation and management of book of work items which affect the Regulatory Reporting Infrastructure
- Perform impact analysis on book of work items and partner with colleagues in Project Management, Technology, Controllers and various other teams to help map regulatory requirements to documented specifications and help support successful implementations of automated reporting solutions through iterative delivery (Agile)
- Employ analytical, accounting and data mining skills to help map key data elements from multiple systems of records ultimately to specific regulatory reports.
- Review business requirements for compliance against relevant regulation and substantive testing of those requirements to ensure implementation is correct
- Focus on control environment and monitoring / driving process efficiency, including challenge of operating model
- Documentation of user stories and participation in Agile ceremonies
- Support of release management processes and any post production issues
- Collaboration with external stakeholders on requirements and testing where Reg is impacted
- Identify and champion opportunities for efficiencies and improvement
- Assist in maintaining and ensuring an effective system of internal control
- Assisting in the management and rollout of digitization tools such as Tableau
- University degree in business, finance or accounting
- Professional accounting designation
- Work experience with a focus on accounting, financial/regulatory reporting and controls, preferably with experience in a financial services environment
- Strong technical background and proficiency with systems and spreadsheet skills including various Microsoft products like Word, Excel, Access, Visio etc.
- Experience in writing/executing SQL queries
- Strong analytic, accounting and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal/ written), with the ability to present concisely and accurately to senior audiences
- A self-starter with excellent time and project management skills that can identify, plan, prioritize and deliver various workstreams against deadlines
- Proven ability to work independently and to identify and resolve issues by exercising professional judgement
- Attention to detail
- Experience with OneSumX suite from Wolters Kluwer, Axiom or a comparable regulatory reporting application
- Experience with digitization tools, especially Alteryx, or others such as Wdesk, Tableau, MS Teams etc.
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory reporting, especially for Singapore, Korea or Japan
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Well organized and can see the ‘big picture’ along with the details
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written)
- Familiarity with JIRA & Confluence
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.