About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Systems Operations Engineer that will join the Platform team to help support Production and Non-Production initiatives surrounding over 16 internal applications that are very critical to Wells Fargo Technology. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
In this role, you will:
- Lead or participate in managing all installed systems and infrastructure within the Systems Operations functional area
- Contribute in increasing system efficiencies and lowering the human intervention time on related tasks
- Review and analyze moderately complex operational support systems, application software, and system management tools to ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Work with vendors and other technical personnel for problem resolution
- Lead team to meet technical deliverables while leveraging solid understanding of technical process controls or standards
- Collaborate with vendors and other technical personnel to resolve technical issues and achieve highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- May require Weekend and evening support to support production changes or issues
- Support installation, configuration, deployment, patching and enhancements of platform components following defined procedures and controls.
- Troubleshoot issues and perform recovery actions as appropriate, including BCP failover procedures, application restarts etc
- Evaluate or review queries, create and update documentation and procedures, and provide related technical training
- Provide technical information of the supported system area to managers, functional colleagues, and stakeholders, including internal customers
Proven delivery of Automation solutions in a DevOps or SRE type environment
- Will be part of team On call rotation
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Systems Engineering, Technology Architecture experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years of Unix Experience
- 1+ years of Weblogic/oracle SOA/OSB development or administration experience
- 1 + year experience on Automation and integration
- Knowledge and understanding of technology application support: production and nonproduction environment
- Knowledge and understanding of MQ
- Knowledge and understanding of webserver
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Monitoring tool
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Problem and Incident Management skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Strong team or technical leadership experience
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Previous experience working with some or all of the following technologies: Elasticsearch, Splunk, ITRS Geneos, AppDynamics, ServiceNow, JIRA
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours as part of a globally dispersed support team covering 24x7
- Ability to work independently on call as assigned
1525 W Wt Harris Blvd. - Charlotte, NC 28262
550 South 4th St. - Minneapolis, MN 55415
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.