About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Independent Testing Specialist
Within Corporate Risk, the Independent Testing & Validation (IT&V) group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated testing and validation program at the corporate level. Independent Testing & Validation is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing, and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the testing methodology and standards and executing group-specific testing.
This role is for a Senior Independent Testing Specialist, specifically for Financial Crimes testing. Responsibilities of the Financial Crimes Senior Independent Testing Specialist role specific to the Independent Testing and Validation (IT&V) team include, but are not limited to the following:
In this role, you will:
Lead or participate in moderate to high risk or complex review activities in a matrixed environment and communicate emerging risks to management within Independent Testing
• Contribute to large scale planning related to Independent Testing deliverables
• Review and research moderately complex potential corrective actions, and follow through on reporting, escalation, and resolution
• Ensure effective and appropriate testing, validation, and documentation of review activities for risk programs and controls
according to standards and other applicable policies
• Resolve moderately complex issues and lead team to meet Independent Testing deliverables while leveraging solid understanding of risk management framework and the risk and control environment
• Collaborate and consult with colleagues, internal partners, management and lines of business regarding risk management
• Planning and executing the test of design and operating effectiveness for controls within required timeframes and in accordance with established processes and procedures.
• Effectively communicating the testing or validation process, status, and results to business and risk partners.
• Writing and/or reviewing reports or presentations that clearly articulate the results/conclusions of testing or validation activities.
• Consulting on and leading the implementation of initiatives.
• Effectively communicating with IT&V Leadership and escalating validation concerns or issues as appropriate.
• Identifying and implementing efficiencies and process improvements.
• Providing credible challenge and recommendations to IT&V Leadership as needed.
• Actively participating in learning & development opportunities to ensure the use of best in
class processes and procedures.
• Developing clear and concise reporting to be shared with IT&V Leadership.
• Assisting in managing change to ensure an effective risk management program.
• Mentoring and coaching Associates.
• Fostering relationships with teams and collaborating across other all testing and validation teams effectively.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Independent Testing experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Participates in engagements in a matrixed environment as an individual contributor executing/leading review activities of moderate to high complexity.
- Possesses functional knowledge in procedures, risks, controls, compliance, testing, data analysis, assessment of findings, escalation and reporting, while developing risk acumen.
- Knowledgeable of risk profile of engagement review’s subject matter (i.e., LOB, Enterprise Function, risk program, etc.).
- Assesses adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems, and control environment and understands market/ business/ regulatory changes to determine impact to engagement’s plan and scope.
- Completes/leads assigned testing activities exercising effective quality review behaviors and seeks guidance for areas of ambiguity and/or uncertainty.
- Performs quality reviews of junior testers’ work, as applicable and assigned by supervisor.
- Escalates potential findings to engagement management, identify potential corrective and remediation actions and follows through on reporting and resolution per procedural guidance.
- Collaborates internally with appropriate business partners and other IT&V team members in support of engagement’s overall review activities in addition to the individual areas of responsibility.
- Builds constructive and effective relationships, exercising effective communication behaviors, and holds self-accountable for delivering on commitments and renegotiates when needed.
• Executes review activities in an effective manner and communicate potential emerging risks appropriately.
• May serve in either a control script execution and/or review lead capacity, participating in review activity engagements in a matrixed environment, and communicating emerging risks to management.
• Completes review activities on schedule. Raises schedule delays to the review activity lead.
• Escalates any potential issues discovered during the completion of review activities to a review lead, and follows through on reporting, escalation, and resolution.
• Completes all documentation under supervision and appropriately retains all work papers, (testing schedule, templates, work-papers, deferrals, deviations, etc.).
• Knowledge and understanding of regulatory agencies: Federal Reserve and OCC
• Specialized financial crimes knowledge or prior regulatory compliance testing or review
• Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry: compliance, risk
management, or audit operations
• Experience reviewing testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and
effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls.
and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
• Experience testing policy, procedures, controls, and business process testing
• Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
• Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
• Ability to present to executives
• Demonstrated success with influencing business units to identify, formulate and
implement processes/procedures to mitigate risk.
• Strong critical thinking skills with ability to credibly challenge status quo
• Strong organization and prioritization skills
• Strong relationship management skills; ability to negotiate difficult positions without
• Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
• Certified Financial Crimes Specialist (CFCS)
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
• Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP)
• Certified Risk Professional Program (CRP) For Testing and Validation Positions Only
- Charlotte, NC
- Irving, TX
- West Des Moines, IA
- Minneapolis, MN
- Tempe, AZ
- St Louis MO
Preferred location(s) listed above. Other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint may be considered for current Wells Fargo employees
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.