About this role:
The Enterprise Data Management team within Data Management & Insights (DMI) is a growing organization. The team’s mission is to enable enterprise data governance capabilities, such as metadata management, data control and quality, stewardship management, etc. The team manages these capabilities in alignment with the enterprise data strategy, technology architecture, policies, and other data governance needs across the Wells Fargo enterprise.
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Data Management Analyst who will report into the Enterprise Metadata and Lineage organization within Metadata Relationship Management, executing responsibilities supporting enterprise level metadata, data lineage and data flow across all data domains in the bank. The position will promote an understanding of enterprise standards and capabilities, influence and ensure alignment with the enterprise data strategy and roadmap, and coordinate metadata and lineage engagement activities across business and technical teams.
In this role, you will:
- Develop initiatives for data quality, governance, and metadata activities
- Design and conduct complex analysis to identify and remediate data quality or integrity issues and to identify and remediate process or control gaps
- Analyze, assess, and test data controls and data systems to ensure quality and risk compliance standards are met
- Identify data quality metrics and executes data quality audits to benchmark the state of data quality
- Adhere to data governance standards and procedures
- Develop recommendations for optimal approaches to resolve data quality issues
- Develop and implement plans for assessing the quality of new data sources
- Lead project teams and mentor less experienced staff members
- Drive planning and coordination on low to medium sized remediation efforts, acting as central point of contact
- Leverage domain expertise and data, business, or process analysis to inform and support solution design
- Consult with clients to assess the current state of data and metadata quality within area of assigned responsibility
- Participate in cross-functional groups to develop companywide data governance strategies
- Provide input into communication routines with stakeholders, business partners, and experienced leaders
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Data Management, Business Analysis, Analytics, Project Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years of relationship management experience with business and technology partners
- 2+ years of experience in data management related areas such as metadata or lineage, data governance or data quality
- 2+ years of experience coordinating initiatives across multiple stakeholders
- 2+ years of process improvement experience
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Experience conducting project meetings, presentations and status reporting
- Experience using workflow management and reporting tools (i.e., SharePoint, Jira, Tableau)
- Knowledge and understanding of financial industry compliance requirements
- Experience with risk and control concepts
- Basic knowledge and understanding of data integrity management practices and procedures
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.