The CIB Analytic Consultant will serve as a member of the Data Insights & Analytics Team within the Corporate & Investment Banking line of business of Wells Fargo.
Primary responsibilities include support of standardized and ad-hoc internal reporting, extensive internal/external data analysis, development and execution of senior management level presentations, develop and manage team infrastructure. Secondary responsibilities include support of key business intelligence/data extraction systems and involvement in the ongoing development and enhancement of CIB internal client-facing tools. This includes but is not limited to CIB Salesforce.com, WCIS, Dealogic Cortex, Oracle BI and Banker Scorecard applications.
Working with Strategy, Data and COO teams, this individual will perform the following:
- Execute and distribute standardized reporting to various groups within business group and partner organizations across corporate & investment banking group. Propose, develop and implement additional standardized reporting as needed. Identify and drive projects related to process improvement of existing reporting and analyses.
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis as needed; includes analysis and reporting around banker productivity, deal pipeline, credit exposure, market analysis, and human capital initiatives.
- Work with COO and Group head to prioritize and execute strategic projects as aligned with CIB business needs. Integrate tactical projects into the overall queue as needed. Coordinate resources to ensure successful project delivery.
- Develop and maintain team infrastructure and tools for work intake, report repository, etc. by effectively working with the sub-work stream leads and utilizing SharePoint and related tools.
- Effectively communicate with business partners and other business tool users related to best practices and system enhancements. Field business partner questions regarding reporting and business tools.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with business and technology partners. Liaise and collaborate with external data providers as needed.
- Enhancing sales and operations by running multi stakeholder projects across Banker Coverage, Credit, IBCM, and other Wholesale products (FX, TM, Trade, etc.)
- Leveraging CRM tools and data outputs to interpret and analyze performance by sector and Banker. Playing key role in quarterly/bi-annual key initiatives such as account Planning, client segmentations, client tiering and see takeaways through to completion
- Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling or Undergraduate degree with 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 2-3 years prior experience in an internal/external consultative role and/or investment banking/corporate banking support experience is required.
- Hands on experience in developing and maintaining SharePoint tools for team infrastructure applications.
- 1-3 years prior experience in leading small or medium complexity projects, complex or large-scale project participation, experience with matrix managed teams a plus
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM tools, Oracle BI or third party investment banking data analysis tools.
- Advanced VBA, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with and knowledge of relational databases and concepts
- Ability to interact and build relationships with senior leaders, peers and key support partners.
- Ability to work creatively, analytically and independently in a dynamic environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with both business unit (non-technical) and development (technical) personnel.
- Experience documenting processes and reporting workflows
- Strong Individual contributor with excellent communication skills for a variety of audiences (other technical staff, senior management and regulators) both verbally and in writing
- Capability to multi-task and finish work within strict timelines and provide timely requests for information and follow-up questions
- Skill in managing relationships with key model stakeholders
- Eagerness to contribute collaboratively on projects and discussions
- Perpetual interest in learning something new, but being comfortable with not knowing the all the answers
- Attention to detail in both analytics and documentation
- Aptitude for synthesizing data to 'form a story' and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.