About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Distribution Finance Underwriting Associate...
The role is responsible for providing active support to the local PMU team in the underwriting, processing and execution of inventory financing transactions. This entails besides the support in the underwriting of new and existing floorplan lending transactions also the diligent preparation & management of our customer files, the accurate & timely processing of data as well as all other administrative support.
The customer base is predominantly located in the D/A/CH countries, the BLX and Southern Europe.
The Underwriter will have their own, small delegated lending authority and will be required to make written recommendations to management for those deals above their own lending authority.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in underwriting of floor plan lending transactions
- Assessment of the credit risk profile of SME transactions and approving or recommending those transactions for Wells Fargo in compliance with CDF strike zone. This will include new transactions, increase requests as well as the annual review of existing accounts
- Identify opportunities for process improvements within scope of responsibilities for Distribution Finance Underwriting functional area
- Research customer financial performance, both historical and future
- Review and research complex business assignments that require evaluation and selection of alternative suggestions
- Reviewing and analyzing financial and non-financial information in collaboration with all stakeholders and preparation of credit pitch documents to a high standard to achieve right/first time approvals.
- Exercise independent judgement to guide medium risk deliverables
- Present recommendations for resolving more complex situations and exercise independent judgement while developing expertise within Distribution Finance Underwriting functional area, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Providing analysis and deal structuring support on larger deal exposures where applicable
- Collaborate and consult with Distribution Finance Underwriting colleagues, internal partners, and stakeholders, including internal and external customer
- Working collaboratively with Commercial and Account Management team to ensure timely collection of all documentation and information relevant for effective analysis and decision-making
- Actively supporting the x-functional team in maintaining wing-to-wing dealer transaction cycle time within agreed timeframe.
- Supporting the team in the risk rating process for all dealer transactions in line with WFCF Policy and relevant EMEA CDF procedures.
- The independent preparation and post-processing of new transactions as well as of periodical reviews of existing exposures.
- The communication of approval conditions to stakeholders as well as control of timely and accurate fulfilment thereof
- Responsible for ensuring all approval conditions are satisfied, finance and other legal documents are appropriately executed and a closing memo is prepared prior to credit line activation.
- The safeguarding / assurance of impeccable credit documentation incl. the timely collection & processing of financial statements and inventory insurance documentation from customers
- The processing and maintenance of customer data (control of accuracy and completeness of data entry)
- The processing and maintenance of the additional collateral data in the sub-ledger system
- Adherence to Credit Risk Policies and Procedures in executing on above responsibilities
- The processing and approval of the customer termination request workflows
- Completed commercial education / business management training
- Demonstrated experience ideally in a bank / financial institution
- Good command/knowledge of English (written and verbal).
- Customer Service Orientation – acts to help or serve customers, focusing efforts on discovering and meeting their needs
- Ability to access and update computerized information – accurate data entry, excellent attention to detail
- Dependability, resilience, conscientiousness and ability to work in a team
- Ability to work independently, motivated and customer oriented
- Willingness/readiness for continued development / personal growth
- Microsoft products – Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point
- Strong interpersonal skills & communication skills
- In addition to fluency in English, additional languages such as Spanish, Italian, Dutch would be a plus
- Background in Factoring/Leasing
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.