About Wells Fargo India & Philippines
Wells Fargo India & Philippines is a critical component of Wells Fargo’s strategy to leverage distinct advantages in doing business in a global environment. Wells Fargo India & Philippines is primarily an extension of the technology, operations, and corporate support teams of Wells Fargo. It engages in application development and support, testing, other technology functions, international operations, knowledge support, and middle and back-end banking process solutions for a wide spectrum of Wells Fargo’s needs. It currently has offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Manila.
Consumer and Small Business Banking (CSBB) provides financial services to 21 million retail bank households and three million small business customers through approximately 4,500 retail branches, 17 customer service centers, and approximately 13,000 ATMs in 36 states and the District of Columbia. We serve and help individuals and families in many aspects of their lives, helping them buy homes, open first bank and savings accounts, buy cars to get to and from work or school, and start or grow small businesses. CSBB is focused on innovating and transforming with the customer at the center, better enabling customers to engage with us how, when, and wherever they choose. As an industry leader in many consumer and small business areas – including retail deposits, debit card transaction and purchase volume, and small business lending – our primary goal is delivering for our customers.
Team Overview – Front Line Monitoring (FLM)
CSBB Front Line Monitoring (FLM) team leads operational & compliance risk analytics across Consumer & Small Business Banking and is responsible for design and implementation of front-line monitoring and reporting across lines of business.
About the Role
The Front Line Monitoring (FLM) team, is looking for an established and proven Analytics Senior Manager to join our team and help us solve challenging and interesting business problems through data exploration, advanced analytics and visualization. In this highly valued role, you will manage teams across monitoring development, visualization, research and reporting. This leadership role is highly visible across the Wells Fargo’s India and Philippines verticals, and horizontal functions. Incumbent is expected to manage highly matrixed organizations, with additional responsibility to grow the analytic practice serving lines of business and support functions.
Key responsibilities of this leader role include:
- Lead with technical & thought leadership the team that performs advanced quantitative and statistical analysis of large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and correlations that can be used to mitigate and manage front line operational and compliance risk.
- Apply critical thinking skills to convert business objectives to analytical construct, explore the relevant technical solutions and perform advanced analytics with the goal of solving complex and multi-faceted business problems.
- Conduct analysis to support implementation of a consistent, data-driven monitoring & surveillance program covering Sales Practice Risk, Conduct Risk, Compliance Risk, and Operational Risk arising in the front-line operations. Participate and offer input in process reviews; collaborate with Control Executive, Business Excellence, functional groups, and business operations partners to define metrics, ensure robust data sourcing, build a data visualization layer, and facilitate ongoing reviews.
- Leverage a variety of analytic techniques, including partnering with Decision Sciences for development of advanced analytics, to identify risk patterns and trends and provide insights into the Risk and Control environments.
- Collaborate with your colleagues in other Consumer focused businesses to optimize and develop the ongoing risk reporting necessary to support front-line accountability for Self-Assurance Activity monitoring and other mission critical activities.
- Design and implement Control analytics and metrics to supplement front-line Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) programs.
- Partner with functional teams to research, implement and monitor workflow and real-time monitoring & alerting capabilities.
- Leverage business knowledge and analytic expertise to quantify emerging risks, develop mitigation approaches and implement solutions.
- Build an analytic framework to ensure timely resolution of Issues, in partnership with Control Executive team, Business Excellence, functional teams, and business operations leaders
- 15+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: Data Analytics, Strategy, Product & Project Management with 10+ years of management experience.
- Candidate must have a bachelor's degree or higher operations research, applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis.
- Demonstrated expertise with analytic tools such as SAS EG, PC SAS, SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Viya, SQL and effectively obtain and merge data, perform analytics, and automate reporting from various sources is a plus;
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate complex statistical concepts to non-experts
- Knowledge of Consumer-facing business processes, products, data and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects forward in a complex, resource-constrained environment with conflicting needs across stakeholders.
- Effective leadership ability to drive successful execution of strategic plans; ability to plan, prioritize and set goals. Must possess strong collaboration skills.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate powerfully and prolifically to senior and executive leaders and simplify the complex.
- Ability to influence without direct authority, create and manage (while achieving results) large-scale change and influence people at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to execute effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many business and functional areas.
- Ability to lead through adversity and adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to guide, mentor and provide technical assistance to a team that interfaces with a broad set of stakeholders across the firm and process/project management
- Experience in establishing teams and work processes aligned with contemporary agile methodologies such as Kanban or scrum.
- Preferred experience with the following systems and related data environments which support the Consumer-facing businesses: AFS, ITOP, CRS, CARS, ACAPS, EXS, SHAW, MSP, CORE, MIDE, SVP (for internal applicants)
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo Community Bank products, sales processes, data and systems (for internal applicants)
- 10-years Banking, Financial Services Industry or Consumer business experience preferred.
- Experience preparing presentations and analysis for third-party and regulatory audiences.
- Demonstrated experience Teradata, Oracle and Hadoop environments
- Identifies and recommends internal and external data sources, compiles/ mines data from multiple, cross business structured/ unstructured sources; recommends and consults in the development of complex analysis designs. Understanding and adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies.
- Prior experience of attending prestigious conferences as an attendee or as panelist or speaker is weighed heavily, along with visiting faculty experience for 2 or more years may have an edge in the interview process
- Proven experience in innovation, evidenced by successful holding of one or more patents, coupled a track record of writing white papers
- Candidate must be amenable to work on a late Mid shift and be located at McKinley Hill, Taguig City
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.