At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy . Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the company’s financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company’s shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
The Financial Accounting role will:
- Supervise a team of individual contributors supporting functional areas related to financial accounting
- Maintain knowledge of current accounting practices and regulatory requirements
- Make daily technical decisions on various matters and resolve issues related to building and adopting best practices within the functional area
- Identify and ensure compliance and risk management requirements are met
- Ensure Procedure and controls are maintained and incremental changes are documented and preserved.
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including managers
- Personally work on sub-ledger to Ledger reconciliation. Research variances in systems, discuss with US controllers, Operations etc. Arrive at minimum allowable variance at month end.
- Report and supervise GL31 submissions, Month end reconciliations and month end financial reporting.
- Create robust engagement with US based Controllers. Contribute to projects. Report recurring KPIs.
- Nurture and grow team members, invest in continuous learning.
- CA/CMA with 10+ years of Finance, Accounting, Reconciliations, Financial Reporting, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience with financial reporting under regulatory, GAAP and/or SEC guidelines with demonstrated ability to apply such guidelines
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting for lease accounting.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.