Wells Fargo’s Corporate Model Risk (CMoR) organization is seeking a highly qualified person to join its Advanced Technologies for Modeling (AToM) Group as a Senior Quantitative Solution Engineer. The responsibilities of the AToM group include development of cutting-edge models, algorithms, and visualization tools to advance the Bank’s practices in the areas of credit, operational, and market risk management.
- The Machine Learning and Validation Engineering Team within AToM has an opening for a Senior Quantitative Solution Engineer , who will be working to develop cloud system infrastructures and interactive web interfaces to realize cutting-edge machine learning (ML), artificial intelligence (AI) and data science (DS) applications. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Helping to develop the architecture and foundational components of our model risk platform, developing fully operational prototypes, and deploying them in partnership with our Technology partners.
- Developing production-grade end-to-end web applications that support deployment of ML/AI/DS solutions in production.
- Providing guidance to the broader CMoR community on best engineering practices to run modeling and analysis at scale.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in computer science, electrical engineering, data science, or another discipline with a strong quantitative core.
- At least 5 years of experience with extensive exposure to software engineering or scientific computing.
- Hands-on experience and deep knowledge in the areas of full-stack web framework development, data engineering and compute-intensive systems, with a track record of success in delivering systems into production.
- Knowledge of building production-grade web applications using popular web-development frameworks like Vue.JS or React.JS. Apt at developing front end (HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap etc.), API and database connectivity.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming and design patterns, with programming skills in Python and a system language (e.g. Go, Java, C/C++, Rust).
- Knowledge of service-oriented architectures, microservices, modern RPC and message queue.
- Intellectually curious, with a strong ability to solve practical problems.
- Understanding of common machine learning frameworks (e.g. scikit-learn, Tensorflow, PyTorch) and machine learning pipelines (e.g. MLFlow, Kubeflow, Airflow, and TFX).
- Good verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas.
- Perpetual interest in learning something new, with a focus on delivering tangible results.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.