About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Branch Manager (SAFE) for Branch Banking as part of the Consumer and Small Business Banking division. Learn more about our career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
In this role you will:
- Lead, manage and develop a team of direct and indirect reports with low to moderate complexity and risk in retail banking branch
- Engage stakeholders and internal partners associated with retail banking
- Identify and recommend opportunities for individuals to efficiently improve process and risk control development for all functions in the retail banking branch
- Make decisions and resolve issues regarding customer and team experience, risks, and growth of the retail banking team to meet regional banking business objectives
- Execute policies and procedures in alignment with applicable regulations, as well as audit and escalation procedures
- Collaborate and consult with peers and retail banking colleagues and leaders
- Serve as a role model to deliver an exceptional customer experience and focus on building relationships
- Engage customers to understand their financial needs, and work proactively to help customers succeed financially
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Regional Banking
- Mentor and guide talent development of direct reports and assist in hiring regional banking talent
- This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction
- As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations
- Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results
- Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below
- 4+ years of finance or banking experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, and/or education
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Management experience including hiring, coaching, and developing direct reports
- Experience building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and internal partners
- Extensive experience in asking questions and identifying complex financial needs in order to provide recommendations on products and services to customers
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively network and represent Wells Fargo within the community
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and accountability
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to interact with integrity and professionalism with customer and team members
- Customer service, operations, or financial service management experience within a high volume, fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Ability to effectively manage time and competing priorities, exercise independent judgment, and use critical thinking skills
- Ability to lead a team to influence, educate, and connect customers to technology and share the value of digital banking options
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations pertaining to the banking industry
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance controls, risk management and loss prevention
- Relevant military experience including working with military protocol and instructions, enlisted evaluations, officer/leadership reporting
- Relevant military experience including working in personnel benefits management, processing military personnel orders or transitions, wartime readiness operations, human resources or military recruiting
- Experience in coaching and influencing management, as well as experience with the affluent or high net worth customer segment
- Adaptable and flexible coaching style which takes into account the needs and learning styles of a diverse team
- Experience making work-related outbound phone calls
- A review of internal sales quality performance and corrective action history for current and former team members may be conducted during the application process
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed or scheduled
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
601 S 14th St Kingsville, TX
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.