About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Counsel...
- Work as part of the APAC team on the implementation of the program responsible for documenting Wells Fargo’s cross border legal requirements in APAC.
- Provide written summaries of cross border legal and regulatory developments in APAC to stakeholders, including the Legal Department, the business, and other corporate functions, and advise on such developments as needed.
- Analyze laws, regulations and rules to assess applicability and impact to Wells Fargo’s activities in APAC.
- Collaborate with internal line of business lawyers to respond to questions from the business and corporate functions.
- Provide legal advice and guidance on Compliance policies, advising and working with Compliance Department as appropriate.
- Communicate regularly and co-ordinating with Head Office Legal Department, in particular adhering to policies and procedures on managing external counsel relationships and all related expenses, particularly on transactions (and approving legal invoices).
- Consult with and advising clients and representing the Bank in dealing with others inside and outside the organization, as appropriate.
- Keep other Law Department and line of business colleagues updated on APAC legal developments and their impact on Wells Fargo’s businesses.
- Duly qualified lawyer admitted to practice law in Hong Kong or other common law jurisdiction.
- Ability to analyze legal and regulatory issues in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters.
- Prior experience in advising on legal, regulatory, and compliance issues for a financial services firm.
- Ability to evaluate impacts based on changes in laws or regulations.
- Experience conducting research and providing counsel and guidance regarding complex legal issues.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work while handling multiple matters.
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment with a high degree of collaboration.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.