The Enterprise Functions Technology (EFT) group provides technology solutions and support for Risk, Audit, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Corporate Properties, and Stakeholder Relations business lines. In addition, EFT provides unique technology solutions and innovation for Wells Fargo Technology, Enterprise Shared Services, and Enterprise Data Management. This combined portfolio of applications and tools are continually engineered to meet the challenges of stability, security, scalability, and speed.
Human Resources Information Technology (HRIT) team provides technology support for team member focused applications and processes, including payroll, benefits, learning and recruiting. We are seeking ServiceNow Senior Software Engineers who will support applications that are used by Wells Fargo's 270,000+ employees, over 1 million external job seekers, and more than 4,000 HR professionals.
Position Responsibilities and Expected Outcomes:
- In this role you will develop on the ServiceNow platform utilizing configuration and scripting. Wells Fargo’s HR organization utilizes ServiceNow’s HR Service Delivery application and the Safe Workplace suite of apps.
- Educate and provide guidance for less-experienced staff.
- Lead the conceptualization, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features for the existing portfolio of applications for a business area
- Collaborate with other lead engineers and architects on defining coding standards, processes, tooling and frameworks required for the delivery of features in the sprint or product backlog.
- Design, code, configure, unit test, maintain, and document software deliverables using agreed upon standards and tools.
- Ensure that solutions delivered by self or team members are secure and scalable, comply with defined standards and best practices.
- Ensure product backlog has appropriate technical stories and participates in their prioritization.
- Responsible for application solution quality from design and implementation to deploy and run.
- Responsible for communication and collaboration with key stakeholders in the delivery of features.
- Maintain depth of technical understanding of third party/cloud solutions.
- Evaluate technical impacts from and coordinates implementation of new product releases.
- Participate in sizing and estimation activities within the agile team.
- Communicate daily with the Scrum Master or Technical Product Owner and the Agile team on progress made, planned progress for the coming day, and reports any impediments/blockers.
- Participate in code reviews and sprint retrospectives; ensuring their ideas for team continuous improvement are communicated so that the overall process and team can improve sprint by sprint and readily receives feedback for self-improvement.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of existing and new features through both manual and automated testing and use of continuous Integration techniques.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to confirm understanding of business requirements relating to features to be delivered and to help the Business Analyst define requirements that can be delivered from a technical perspective.
- Collaborate with User Experience (UX) designers to ensure designs produced can be translated efficiently into working solutions for feature delivery.
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years of ServiceNow experience in building, implementing, and maintaining platform technologies, workflows and integrations
- 2+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- 2+ years of Agile experience
- 2+ years educating/mentoring of less-experienced staff experience
- 2+ years of HR systems experience (i.e. Workday, PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP)
- ServiceNow HR Service Delivery application experience
- ServiceNow certifications
- Custom application development within ServiceNow
- Advanced oral, written and presentation communications including the ability to present technical information in a way that non-technical audiences will understand
- Advanced problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex technical problems
- Wells Fargo Software engineering experience
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.