Why Wells Fargo:
This is where your true career begins. We ranked #3 on the 2022 LinkedIn Top Companies list – and #1 among financial services companies – as the best workplace “to grow your career” in the U.S. At Wells Fargo, we support employees’ career aspirations and growth. We’re proud of our employee-welfare-centered business approach and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
We offer competitive salaries and one of the richest benefits packages in the industry. Our Total Rewards program focuses on wellness, work-life balance and the financial health of our employees. Our customers invest with us, we invest in you. Apply today.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Control Management Specialist. The Wealth & Investment Management Evidenced Based Control Evaluation (WIM EBCE) team is part of the Control Management organization evaluating whether controls are well-designed and operating effectively. The approach is tailored based on the Risk and Control Self-Assessment. EBCE supports risk management in alignment with the Risk Management Framework and is responsible for performing evidence-based evaluations while documenting outcomes based on policies and procedures.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in mitigating current and emerging risk exposures associated with the activities and operations of the assigned business group, and identify opportunity for process improvements within the scope of defined business control responsibilities
- Review and analyze basic business challenges that require research, evaluation, and selection of alternatives
- Develop and implement risk monitoring, risk reporting processes, and controls while evaluating and reporting results where necessary
- Present recommendations for resolving complex situations and exercise independent judgment while developing Control Management functional area expertise
- Provide support in the interpretation of policy, guidelines, and governance programs as front line liaison to Independent Risk Management area
- Collaborate and consult with Control Management team and key stakeholders, including internal customers
- Executes control evaluations in an effective manner.
- Completes control evaluations on schedule and raises schedule delays to the evaluation lead.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to remediate issues.
- Escalates any potential control gaps discovered during the completion of control evaluations to an evaluation lead.
- Communicates emerging risks to management.
- Completes applicable documentation under limited supervision and in accordance with requirements.
- Interfaces within Wealth & Investment Management regarding business risk management.
- Employee will be a Regulated User and must comply to the terms of an Associated Person of the Broker-Dealer
Required Qualifications, US:
- 2+ years of Risk Management or Financial Services industry experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with business and functional areas
- Ability to identify gaps through risk based testing
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience assessing processes, procedures and identifying controls
- Experience creating test questions or test scripts
- Assists with the development and enhancement of the business control environment through execution of the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) program.
- Provides ongoing monitoring and assessment of operating/control environment to identify significant gaps and weaknesses and determine root cause of control issues.
- BS/BA degree or higher, or other advanced degree
190 River Rd SUMMIT, NJ 07901
401 S Tryon St CHARLOTTE, NC 28202
171 17th St NW Bldg 100 ATLANTA, GA 30363
550 S 4th St MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55415
2710 Pine St E Bldg SAINT LOUIS, MO 63103
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.