About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer.
In this role, you will:
- Lead or participate in high level technical concepts spanning technology and business
- Develop specifications for complex infrastructure systems, design and test solutions
- Contribute to the testing of business, application and technical infrastructure requirements
- Drive solutions to reduce recovery
- Review and analyze solutions for cloud security, secrets management and key rotations
- Design, code, test, debug and document programs using Agile development practices
- Design complex system upgrades
- Resolve troublesome trends as they develop
- Develop a long range plan designed to resolve problems and prevent them from recurring
- Direct the daily risk and control flow of operations, focusing on policies, procedures and work standards to ensure success
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
Foundational Hosting Platform (FHP) is seeking a software engineer who will perform development activities as it relates to Linux Server OS, product integration, and deploying solutions to the Wells Fargo’s provisioning platforms using Satellite, YUM, Ansible or Terraform. Collaborating with Agile Product Owners, all project work will be assigned based on requirements, priority, and availability. This will include working with various internal business partners to engineer and deliver solutions that are secure, scalable, and resilient. They will also work on solutions with peer teams and vendors to deploy new Red Hat OS products, services, and iterations, as it relates to the FHP organization.
- 3+ years of experience with logging, monitoring, and event detection on cloud or distributed platforms
- 2+ years of Ansible or Python or Terraform development and implementation
Operating systems and infrastructure:
5+ years of Red Hat Server OS implementation experience
2+ years of managing enterprise High Availability Platforms (Clustering)
3+ years of server virtualization experience
3+ years of physical server experience
The ideal candidate will have a balance of technical experience, soft skills, be detail oriented, able to bring complex problems to a clear resolution.
- The Engineer should have a strong grasp of associated technologies such as patching, OS builds, storage, network, and out of band management devices.
- This engineer will be responsible for completing designs and engineering for tools and services.
- This engineer will work with the team to help in identifying and certifying new products, providing “how to” documentation for the enterprise and deployment automation.
- This engineer will be called upon regularly to produce automated solution using Shell Scripting, Python, and\or Ansible.
- The engineer must also be available to provide 3rd level support for deployed FHP Red Hat products and services when needed.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.