About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Due Diligence Coordinator...
In this role, you will:
- Support Due Diligence group
- Seek ways to improve client onboarding process, on-going periodic client reviews and quality control activities
- Conduct complex comprehensive research or background investigations on transactions, individuals, entities, organizations or locations to identify and mitigate associated sanctions, financial crime, and reputational risks
- Receive direction from supervisor and escalate non-routine questions
- Interact with immediate team and Due Diligence area on wide range of information
- Engage with clients indirectly through relationship managers to support meeting policy and regulatory requirements
Required Qualifications, US:
- 2+ years of Due Diligence experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in due diligence, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to research, analyze, and determine a course of action for financial transactions
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding USA PATRIOT Act and Anti Money Laundering (AML) requirements
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to provide strong customer service and develop customer relationships
- Conducts reviews of bank customers (individuals/entities), related parties (owners, board of directors, executives) and/or transactions that present a moderate degree of complexity and risk to determine appropriateness for Wells Fargo.
- Conducts comprehensive research and/or background investigations on individuals, entities, organizations or locations to identify and mitigate associated sanctions, credit, financial crime, and reputational risks and thoroughly documenting findings.
- Reviews and analyzes due diligence data from a variety of sources to determine overall risk.
- Screens customers, prospects and/or transactions against various regulatory reporting lists and regionally based sanctions watch lists.
- Evaluates risks to determine permissibility under sanctions, regulations and/or BSA/AML regulations. Works with high risk customers (e.g. casinos, MSBs, payment processors) to understand controls and activities. Provides appropriate direction to the line of business. Escalates confirmed sanctions alerts, PEP matches and other risks appropriately.
- Performs non-documentary Customer Identification Program on domestic customers in accordance with regulations and bank policy.
- Ensures compliance with guidelines set forth in federal/state anti-money laundering laws and regulations including the Bank Secrecy Act and various sanctions regulations, and in accordance with policy/procedures set by the bank.
- Consults with peers, line of business managers and other external parties regarding due diligence findings. Participates in moderate size project initiatives.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.