About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Software Engineering Senior Manager...
In this role, you will:
- Manage, coach, and develop a team or teams of experienced engineers and engineering managers in roles with moderate complexity and risk, responsible for building high quality capabilities with modern technology
- Ensure adherence to the Banking Platform Architecture, and meeting non-functional requirements with each release
- Partner with, engage and influence architects and experienced engineers to incorporate Wells Fargo Technology technical strategies, while understanding next generation domain architecture and enable application migration paths to target architecture; for example cloud readiness, application modernization, data strategy
- Function as the technical representative for the product during cross-team collaborative efforts and planning
- Identify and recommend opportunities for driving escalated resolution of technology roadblocks including code, build and deployment while also managing overall software development cycle and security standards
- Determine appropriate strategy and actions to act as an escalation partner for scrum masters and the teams to meet moderate to high risk deliverables and help remove impediments, obstacles, and friction while encouraging constant learning, experimentation, and continual improvement
- Build engineering skills side-by-side in the codebase, conduct peer reviews to evaluate quality and solution alignment to technical direction, and guide design, as needed
- Interpret, develop and ensure security, stability, and scalability within functions of technology with moderate complexity, as well as identify, manage and mitigate technology and enterprise risk
- Collaborate with, partner with and influence Product Managers/Product Owners to drive user satisfaction, influence technology requirements and priorities in the product roadmap, promote innovative and intelligent solutions, generate corporate value and articulate technical strategy while being a solid advocate of agile and DevOps practices
- Interact directly with third party vendors and technology service providers
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources to ensure commitments are met and align with strategic objectives in technology engineering
- Hire, build and guide a culture of talent development to have the skills required to effectively design and deliver innovative solutions for product areas and products to meet business objectives and strategy, as well as conduct performance management for engineers and managers
Required Qualifications, US:
- 8+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of Management experience
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Software Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Management experience
- Familiarity with capital markets
- Experience with big data
- Experience with cloud computing
- Comfortable with fast paced engineering environment
Pay Range$144,400.00 - $300,000.00 Annual
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.