About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Operational Risk Officer to support the Head of Transformation, Analytics and Governance within Operational Risk in the drive to build and enhance the Operational Risk programs across International with a focus on data analysis, management information and reporting.
In this role, you will:
- Extract large data sets from various systems, enhancing and manipulating the data, to report intelligent operational risk data.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Excel lookups, pivots, filters, graphs, formatting, formulas and tables.
- Reconcile and analyze data.
- Computation of metrics and perform data quality checks.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Business Managers, Corporate Risk teams, and Group Control Executive teams
- Evaluate cross-program and cross-group analytics to identify opportunities and best practices to influence stronger risk management practices by the business
- Active engagement with IRM risk teams supporting various risk types to ensure appropriate alignment and prioritization
- Develop and deliver oversight content summarizing the results of the independent risk assessment activities
- Develop, implement, and monitor risk-based programs to identify, assess, and mitigate any operational risk that arises from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems, or external events
- Active engagement in key risk governance routines inclusive of strategic planning sessions, governance committees and business reviews
- Identify and escalate to business oversight leadership conflicts with risk management results and expected business outcomes
- Maintain a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems, and internal controls
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- 5+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel lookups, pivots, filters, graphs, formatting, formulas and tables.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.