About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Control Management Officer in Front-Line Control of the Chief Operating Office and is accountable for assessing and ensuring effective management and control of associated risks for Supply Chain Management (SCM).
This role is part of the team that counsels Supply Chain leadership on risk and control issues, issue management and remediation and regulatory interactions. This role must foster a collaborative environment that ensures timely communication and strong cooperation between this front-line unit and independent risk management under Corporate Risk, and a strong connection with Wells Fargo Audit Services. The successful candidate will also work closely with Supply Chain management and with other Control Organizations in the execution of company risk management strategies.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives designed to mitigate current and emerging risks with broad impact
- Act as key participant in monitoring, evaluating, and measuring the impact of decisions practiced in Control Management functional area
- Monitor moderately complex business specific programs, and provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk-mitigation strategies
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on the impact of decisions and controls to the relevant business group or functional area
- Develop and implement risk monitoring and risk reporting processes and controls
- Collaborate with relevant business group to identify current and emerging risks associated with business activities and operations, and provide guidance in developing and implementing risk-mitigating strategies
- Lead Control Management projects or virtual teams
- Partner and align with key stakeholders such as Business, Legal, Risk, Compliance and Audit teams to establish an effective control program
- Provide guidance and work closely with the leaders in the establishment of controls in alignment with Enterprise and functional policies and standards.
- Ensure the control framework is evergreen, updating business processes, risks and controls as business evolves
- Proactively counsels the lines of businesses on new and emerging risks, issue management, and remediation and provides reporting on risks/controls/issues
- Ensure the business is well prepared for internal audits, and Risk reviews, partner with business in coordinating evidence submission and responses
- 5+ years of Risk Management or Control Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Prior experience in Risk, Control / Operations Management preferred
- Experience with Risk Management Framework, RCSA, including risk identification, risk assessments, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance
- Extensive experience in Risk Management Supply Chain (specifically includes supply chain / 3rd party: compliance, operational risk, audit legal, credit risk, market risk, and /or IT systems security)
- Experienced in driving and managing across the issues management lifecycle and processes
- Experience working horizontally across an organization and participating in enterprise-wide implementations of major policy and relevant risk programs
- Understands the respective businesses they are supporting and understanding of related laws/rules/regulations
- Demonstrated experience working in a rapidly changing and complex environment
- Strong analytical skills and mindset; ability to analyze problems to identify root cause and identify solutions
- Must be adaptable; highly motivated and organized; ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and deliver under tight deadlines
- Ability to make subjective and informed decisions based on output, influence stakeholders and justify decision making
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and regulators, to include virtual, matrixed leadership experience and the ability to manage and build relationships within the enterprise Risk function and the business.
- Ability to fluently articulate strategy and operations; translating organizational strategies into clear objectives and action.
- Candidates will be required to work on site in compliance with our hybrid model.
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Dallas / Irving, Texas
- Des Moines, Iowa
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Phoenix / Chandler, Arizona
Note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities within Wells Fargo.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.