At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Divisional Governance Associate in Wealth and Investment Management as part of Wells Fargo Advisors. Learn more about our career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
In this role you will:
- Participate and consult regarding policies and procedures, controls, tools and training
- Identify opportunities for additional synergies and to maximize efficiencies within the private client group
- Review and analyze controls to manage high risk investment strategies and complex products
- Evaluate resources to monitor risk and exercise independent judgment to guide process changes, process improvements, and technology enhancements
- Present recommendations for resolving complex analysis in search of current and best practices
- Gather and analyze data, identify trends and present analysis through meaningful statistics
- Develop expertise in firm, compliance and regulatory policies and procedures
- Collaborate and consult with Financial Advisors, Regional and more experienced Management, Private Client Group, Branch. Managers, Operation Managers, Supervision Managers, and varying Business Units
- 6+ months of Supervisory Control, Risk Management Consulting, Property or Casualty Insurance, Insurance Brokerage experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Successfully completed FINRA Series 7 and 66 (or 63) exams to qualify for immediate registration (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Financial services experience
- Financial services compliance experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of branch associates and business units, including managers and advisors
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- FINRA registration including Series 65 or 66 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate FINRA license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position
- Compliance with state law registration and licensing requirements is mandatory
- In addition to state registration and licensing requirements, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply
- Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards
- Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA licensing review process at the time of offer acceptance
- For specific FINRA qualification exams obtained after 9/30/2018, the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam co-requisite may also be required
- Registration for FINRA Series 65 (or 66) must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time – add if they are traveling within the market
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Posting Location: 4030 West Boyscout Blvd, Tampa, FL 33607
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.