About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Enterprise Risk Specialist...
In this role, you will:
- Participate in or provide support for responsible oversight and strategic direction of enterprise risk, governance and reporting programs and low complexity initiatives within Enterprise Risk
- Review moderately complex business, operational, or technical challenges that require an in depth evaluation of variable factors
- Provide oversight and challenge for corporate governance risk programs that may cover multiple front lines with moderate to high risk
- Present recommendations for resolving more complex situations and exercise independent judgment while developing expertise in the enterprise risk, policies, procedures and compliance requirements
- Assist with the development, implementation, and monitoring of risk based governance programs, companywide
- Guide and direct the organization in terms of policies, effectiveness of companywide initiative execution, and reporting to the Board
- Collaborate and consult with risk colleagues, internal partners and stakeholders, including internal and external customers if applicable
- Identify training opportunities and may design and coordinate development of training materials and delivers training
- Compile risk reporting, performs research and delivers reporting
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Risk Management (Compliance, Financial Crimes, Operational Risk, Audit, Legal, Credit Risk, Market Risk) or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Corporate Model Risk: Wells Fargo’s Corporate Model Risk is responsible for independently overseeing the management of model risk exposures across the enterprise (including governing, monitoring, and reporting on aggregate model risk exposures, model validations, and model oversight across enterprise). This oversight extends to all phases of a model’s life cycle, including identification, development, validation, implementation, finding resolution, usage, performance monitoring, documentation, and retirement.
CMoR (Corporate Model Risk) Governance: The CMoR Governance Team is responsible for establishing policy and procedures and providing independent risk governance leadership for all models used across Wells Fargo, including assessing, reporting, and escalating model risks and controls across the enterprise. The team works closely with model users, group model governance teams, Corporate Functional Model Oversight (CFMO) teams, and various teams throughout CMoR to manage model risk across the firm.
The Role: The Corporate Risk Model Governance team is seeking an experienced individual contributor to play a critical role in defining and executing model governance responsibilities. This is an exciting opportunity to drive high quality standards and compliance for model governance of a variety of models. Model risk management is an area of expanding focus and scrutiny, requiring a vision for future expectations around model risk management and an appetite for a constantly evolving process. This position will influence many stakeholders across the bank.
- Interacting with key model governance and other stakeholders across Wells Fargo about model risk during all model life cycle stages in order to ensure the effective governance and oversight of model identification, development, use, and evaluation processes.
- Support policy standards and best practices for model risk stakeholders across the bank and build consensus
- Assessing front lines for gaps in policy adherence and communicating concerns and issues with a variety of stakeholders.
- Developing and executing a process to enter issues from various sources including governance and validation activities into the issue system. Collaborating with stakeholders to assess appropriateness of action plans and facilitate issue closure.
- Support department wide initiatives, defining process and procedures for the team and various stakeholders to execute, tracking of progress for a large number of models and projects, follow up with stakeholders, creating templates and standards and providing meaningful information for management.
- Support and document processes and procedures, and related controls to ensure they are executed correctly and timely.
- Support the creation of training materials for various audiences including model governance, model owner, model developer etc.
- Providing reporting related to model inventory and to assess compliance with the policy.
- Creating decks explaining results of complex analysis to various stakeholders
- Supporting ad hoc projects as needed, tracking milestones and deliverables.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with business Model Governance teams, Model Owners, Corporate Functional Model Oversight teams, Validation teams and other external partners and stakeholders across Wells Fargo.
- Understanding model risk supervisory guidance, Model Risk Management Policy and related policies and procedures, and current industry best-practices.
- 5+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 5+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in risk management
- Degree in statistics, math, engineering, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences
- Model Governance knowledge
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint – Expert Level
- Highly organized and proactive. Should be able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment and deal with multiple priorities.
- Strong conceptual and quantitative problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with highly technical individuals and ability to relay technical information to non-technical users.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.