Wells Fargo is looking for a highly motivated and collaborative person who can work with all levels of the organization, senior business and technology leaders, and product, operations, and finance managers.
About this role:
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Strategy, Digital & Innovation (SDI) team forges the strategic direction of Wells Fargo, provides and manages our digital foundation and common capabilities, and transforms our business models to meet evolving customer needs and grow the company. The investments we are making will help the company create innovative digital banking experiences and make it easier for customers to achieve their financial goals.
The team you are joining is developing and executing the strategy for Wells Fargo’s Digital Assets and Experiences across the Consumer and WIM (Wealth and Investment Management) Banks. This is an opportunity to drive the future of Wells Fargo.
Wells Fargo is seeking an <Analytics Manager> to drive data and analytics initiatives in the Consumer and WIM Digital Data and Insights Team. The team is responsible for supporting Digital Product Managers responsible for Customer Journeys. The team will design the data architecture, determine appropriate sources, conform and curate datasets, develop reporting and BI dashboards, and support AI modeling use cases.
In this role, you will:
- Manage end-to-end BI development process with consistent prioritization, monitoring and escalation paths to deliver on time solutions and enhancements.
- Research appropriate data sources and develop processes to source, conform, and curate.
- Have experience creating, delivering, and maintaining large, scalable, and sustainable self-service reporting and dashboard products
- Proactively manage data gaps/accuracy, while ensuring the integrity of analysis through rigorous attention to detail and validation in data.
- Provide leadership in utilizing data visualization best practices to tell stories that drive both engagement and action; influence partners to integrate data into decision-making, increase data literacy, and build acceptance of tools, programs, and services.
- Bring a working understanding of predictive & advanced analytics, including but not limited to, statistical techniques and machine learning algorithms
- Have experience of implementing controls and processes to ensure adherence to Data Management Policy and Procedures
- Have previous experience around extracting, processing, and automating large datasets, and scheduling & maintaining data processes.
- Have previous experience in developing and automating data reconciliation process (ETL) from multiple SOR (such as SQL, Teradata, Oracle Mongo DB, SAS, Google Cloud, Map-R, hdsf, Spark, Linux).
- Have experience in code/process troubleshooting and optimization
- Partner with data teams to source and represent data accurately and contextually for business partners.
- Implement standard BI best practices and contribute to team BI template extensions
- Have experience in connecting to and manipulating data sets to prepare for front-end tool consumption
- Effectively partner with leaders in business and technology to transform data into actionable information
- Oversee and manage development of business intelligence dashboards in a suite of BI toolkits including Tableau, Power BI, Google Data Studio, and Glassbox.
- Manage projects through Jira and update stakeholders on progress and timelines
- Ensure effective code management in Github.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement strategies for developing and utilizing technical or analytic resources to enable initiatives that predict, improve, support, and measure business success
- Lead or actively participate in the evaluation of new data product initiatives and demonstrate to prospective stakeholders the competencies and value of the process and outcomes
- Manage a team of Analytics consultants, including their performance management, selection, and performance development and execute all manager responsibilities
- Work with clients to define issues and information needs and translate them into specific data and technical requirements to support business initiatives and projects
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Analytics
- Mentor and guide talent development of direct reports and assist in hiring talent
- Lead the strategy and resolution of highly complex and unique challenges requiring analytical application of industry techniques, advance data from multiple sources
- Design and lead complex projects, analyses, and application of techniques across the enterprise
- Provide vision, direction, and expertise to leadership on implementing innovative and significant business solutions that align to the enterprise
- Engage with peers, managers risk, compliance, managers across the enterprise, and serve as an expert advisor to leadership team
- Gather, organize, manipulate, and analyze data to be able to craft story for LOB partners
- Ensure timely completion, quality, and compliance of all deliverables
- Ensure long range planning and work product are aligned with policy and business strategy plans
- 12+ years of Analytics experience with strong experience of business intelligence, data management, qualitative insights, business recommendations, with a flavour of data science & advanced analytics modeling
- 8+ years of hands-on data management experience across structured/semi-structured/unstructured data sources and data lakes/data warehouses
- 8+ years of hands-on experience managing end-to-end business intelligence processes & platforms with strong visualization skills
- 8+ years of Data Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 8+ years experience with Data Governance policies and Data Quality rules
- 8+ years Relationship management experience with business and technology partners
- 8+ years of experience with BI tools
- 6+ years of SQL experience
- Expert in programming language T-SQL and Python.
- DBA / data engineering experience in any platform (SQL, Teradata, Oracle, Hadoop cluster).
- Expert BI dashboard developer using one of Tableau, Power BI, or like tool.
- Basic programming in SQL, SAS, Python or equivalent
- Must-have skills: SQL (Expert), Teradata/any other RDBMS, experience in creating DQs/Controls and with trend/variance analysis, Tableau or Power BI
- 4+ years of SAS programming experience
- Familiarity with tools such as Teradata Studio, Teradata SQL Assistant, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS JMP, Oracle Maximyser, Jira, and SnagIt
- Master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, or computer science
- Experience with web analytics and click stream data
- Experience working with digital financial products preferred
- Experience developing frameworks for data analytics, metrics and dashboard and associated reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of relational and no-SQL databases, structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data
- Knowledge and understanding of Big Data technologies (Data lake, cloud-based infrastructure), architectures that support real-time analytics; and flexible data models to support querying of unstructured data
- Agile methodology Experience
- Good-to-have skills: GCP, BigQuery, Azure Synapse Analytics, Python, Hadoop, Data Lakes, Big Data Accelerator technologies (Dremio, DataBricks, Snowflake) to optimize big data visualization
- Meticulous about data integrity, and approaches quality control methodically
- Experience translating data from multiple sources into actionable and meaningful insights and impactful presentations that drive change.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership and accountability on assigned tasks driving execution through completion
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and interpersonal) skills
- Ability to present and discuss information in a way that persuades, educates and enhances understanding at all levels
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced PowerPoint skills creating presentations for different audiences
- Knowledgeable with web analytics
- Ability to measure statistical significance on test results
- Takes full accountability of tasks and focusses on solving problems, eradicate roadblocks
- Adaptable to changes, open to learn new skill sets and work consciously towards it
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational and analytical skills. Ability to multi-task and work within a rapidly changing environment.
- Genuine curiosity with how things work; motivated, self-starter
- Strong communication skills and desire to work in cross-functional groups; strong writing skills
- Exceptional understanding of the digital measurement space, analytics tools/pixels
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.