About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Finance/Risk Analytics Consultant
In this role, you will:
- This role will be responsible for various analytics, statistics, and financial valuation work within the Credit Card, Business Card & Unsecured Loan origination and portfolio management space.
- The candidate will play an active role supporting the business through advanced cash flow valuation work, financial performance tracking, behavioral profiling, pricing analytics, segmentation, reporting and statistical work.
- You will be working closely with partners in our Product Management, Marketing, and Risk Management teams to propose new business cases that are financially sound and allocate the bank’s capital in an optimal matter.
- You will play a critical role in valuation modeling for potential new business initiatives, and work with partners to establish strategic initiatives and focus for the company. You will have the opportunity to leverage creative and industry-leading technologies including Python and SAS in a fast-paced environment with senior management exposure. This position is specifically focused on driving long-term business growth.
- Participate in less complex analysis and modeling initiatives, and identify opportunity for process production, data reconciliation, and model documentation improvements within Risk Management
- Review and analyze programing models to extract data, and manipulate databases to provide statistical and financial modeling, and exercise independent judgment to guide new and existing projects with medium risk deliverables
- Coordinate and consolidate the production of monthly, quarterly, and annual performance reports for more experienced management
- Present recommendations for resolving data reconciliation, production, and database issues
- Exercise independent judgment while developing expertise in policy governance, risk projects, and regulatory requests
- Collaborate and consult with peers, managers, experienced managers, compliance, including various lines of business
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Risk Analytics experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience using Python to manipulate and summarize data, automate reporting processes, and build predictive models
- Financial cash flow experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive level leaders
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including high level of proficiency in modeling SAS programming experience in model implementation, reporting, and complex data manipulations
- Experience developing rule-based models, advanced predictive models, and descriptive statistics
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.