About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Commercial Loan Closing Specialist...
In this role
Responsibility includes, but not limited to:
- Lead a variety of pre-close activities for moderately complex to complex commercial loans, including coordinating all aspects of loan closings
- Accurately evaluate and upload data into the systems of record to ensure compliance with all bank policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements
- Document and coordinate legal activities for loan documentation that may also include documentation purchased from third party sources, with internal staff and the Corporate Legal group
- Work collaboratively with Credit, Sales and Legal regarding proper procedures and documentation requirements necessary to ensure accuracy with negotiated terms and ensure alignment with appropriate compliance standards
- Review and negotiate complex legal documentation, evaluate risks, develop strategies to mitigate documentation risk and identify procedural modifications
- Serve as an escalation point in the resolution of client issues
- Conduct quality reviews and monitor key performance metrics as related to efficiencies and effective processes
- Identify activities of the team to ensure conformity with established procedures
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Interact with internal customers
- Receive direction from leaders and exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Quality check of work performed by junior team members and provide appropriate feedback on the same.
- Resolve moderately complex issues and mentor other team members, to meet project deliverables, while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements.
- Flexible to work in any shift.
- 6 -8 years of Commercial loan closing , booking / onboarding or loan documentation experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- At least a B. Com or an equivalent degree preferably MBA / M.Com
- Sound analytical thinking / high attention to detail with focus on research across various platforms
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced production environment and juggle a variety of tasks (time management skills are important)
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
- High level of personal motivation, strong interpersonal skills to work across time zone
- Must be comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- Commercial loan documentation, preparation, or review experience
Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel & PowerPoint. Advanced knowledge of excel, VBA etc is a plus
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.