This role sits within the EMEA Data Management team and has responsibility for establishing sound data governance across EMEA. The Data Management team roll up to the Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) business line, within CIB COO Infrastructure Services Data Management team. This team ensures the business can embrace the use of data and information globally in an appropriate and controlled manner, compliant to both policy and regulations, without introducing unknown or unnecessary operational risk.
Job Description Summary:
The EMEA Head of Data Management has recently established the EMEA Data Management Framework which aims to implement enterprise level Data Management Policy, Procedures and Tooling within the EMEA region. This will enable the EMEA business to source accurate, controlled data, reduce operational risk and ensure processes are scalable in line with the region’s growth plans. A key part of this role will be running the regional forums at which regional data defects are raised and adherence to governance is communicated and monitored. The Governance Lead will also be responsible for managing the roll out of governance initiatives such as Report & Model metadata documentation and data lineage mapping.
- Act as the subject matter expert for Data Management Policy and implementation within the region.
- Define the Operating Model for Metadata, Lineage, Data Defects and New Data Requirements within the EMEA region.
- Organise the EMEA Data team’s ‘Book of Work’ and keep track of upcoming deliverables.
- Help organise the EMEA Data Council and Working Groups feeding into it.
- Prepare and present materials (e.g. data metrics and special topics) at Data Council and Working Groups.
- Manage the process of logging EMEA reports and models onto an enterprise platform.
- Work with regional functions and global Data Domain teams to record report and model metadata and lineage on enterprise platform and document any gap to authority.
- Prioritize Metadata and Lineage work and report on progress.
- Liaising with Enterprise Data Management teams to secure support for regional requirements and confirming enterprise goals and timelines.
- Liaising with colleagues in Asia to establish equivalent data governance in the region.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Significant work experience within Financial Services of which with some time spent in a Data Management function.
- Sound knowledge of BCBS239 principles and industry adherence practices.
- Experience of Metadata and Data Lineage projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and enthusiasm to translate technical data deliveries into plain English
- Ability to inform and influence senior business stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Familiarity in working within regional teams and global governance models.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement to identify and resolve problems
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management frameworks.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of the organization
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.