About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Branch Premier Banker (SAFE) in Consumer and Small Business Banking, as part of Branch Banking. Learn more about our career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com . Upon required licensing and SAFE registration, the Senior Branch Premier Banker LP (SAFE) employee will transition to the Senior Branch Premier Banker (SAFE) role.
The following job profile is intended to provide a general sense of what Senior Branch Premier Bankers do; however, the day-to-day duties and responsibilities will differ from branch to branch and even banker to banker depending on several variables, including (but not limited to) years of experience, complement of clients serviced, banking services and options of various clients, and client needs.
In this role you will:
- Employees who are not fully licensed at the time of hire will participate in the Branch Banking Licensed Banker licensing program as a Senior Branch Premier Banker LP (SAFE). This is a temporary position until employee has successfully completed licensing requirements. Upon successful completion, employees will transition to the Senior Branch Premier Banker (SAFE) role and perform the following duties:
- Proactively acquire new affluent consumer and small business customers, and deepen existing relationships, through outreach and pre-planned appointments
- Review and analyze moderately complex costumer concerns for possible resolution though discretionary application of applicable resolution protocols
- Escalate banking related issues or business risks that require an in-depth evaluation
- Advise customers on various aspects of recommended and available financial options and services
- Maintain deep knowledge and understanding of Wells Fargo’s banking, credit and investment financial solutions and services
- Identify client needs and goals for business, mortgage, retirement, and investment services, then partner closely with peers in Business Banking Advisory Services, Mortgage and Wealth and Investment Management to best meet the previously identified needs and goals, consistent with clients’ overall financial circumstances and goals
- Understand and manage risks in the business by adhering to policies, procedures and controls and ensuring compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Collect information directly from customers regarding income, assets, investments, and credit; analyze information to develop customized plans identifying Wells Fargo's banking options and services that will best meet customers’ financial needs and goals
- Build relationships with branch colleagues, affluent customers, and partners to acquire, deepen, and retain relationships, and to also help customers succeed financially
- Exercise independent judgement and discretion in managing client relationships through regular meetings to review financial condition and goals, provide advice regarding banking services and options to meet changing circumstances
- Be an active member of the branch team, including providing guidance to other branch employees on developing relationships and managing moderately complex to complex client needs
- May study and test for additional licenses (Series 7 and Series 66) once the minimum licensing requirements are met
- This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the SAFE. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below
- 4+ years of customer service experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, and/or education
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and partners
- 3+ years of experience recommending products and services
- Financial services industry experience in one or a combination of the following: corporate, consumer, mortgage, investments, brokerage, or private banking
- Experience recommending financial services products and services
- Successfully completed FINRA Series 6 and 63 exams (or recognized FINRA equivalents) to qualify for immediate registration
- State Insurance license(s)
- 3+ years of experience in a licensed financial services position
- Customer service focus with experience handling complex transactions across multiple systems
- Proficient with proactively sourcing, acquiring, building, and maintaining relationships with customers and colleagues
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of book of business processes to actively manage a group of Wells Fargo customers to meet their needs and grow the business
- Knowledge and understanding of Branch Banking compliance controls, risk management, and loss prevention
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulations
- Ability to educate and connect customers to technology and share the value of self-service digital banking options
- Experience using strong business acumen to provide financial services consultation to small business customers
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services consumer lending products
- Ability to interact with integrity and professionalism with customers and employees
- High motivation with ability to successfully meet team objectives while maintaining individual performance
- Experience mentoring and peer-coaching others
- Ability to work holidays and weekends
- Adherence to Wells Fargo sales practices risk management culture
- Current registration for FINRA Series 6 and Series 63 (or FINRA recognized equivalents) is required for this role or must be completed within a specified period. For specific FINRA qualification exams obtained after 9/30/2018, the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam co-requisite will be required
- For the following states where hired, FINRA Series 65 (or equivalent) will also be required to be completed within a specified period: AK, AL, CT, DE, HI, IA, ID, IN, KS, MD, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NM, OR, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, and WY. The State of WY permits referral-only licensed bankers to receive the IAR registration without completing the Series 65/66 exam requirement. This list of states is subject to change and Series 65 (or equivalent) licensing requirement would be based on current state requirements during employment
- State Insurance license(s) are required for this role and must be completed within a specified period
- Licensing requirements and expected completion timeline determined by the number of licenses needed) will be communicated to the candidate upon offer acceptance
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance. This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) website (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness, and criminal background standards.
- A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness; however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.