About Wells Fargo India & Philippines
Wells Fargo India & Philippines enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. WIP operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about WIP at our International Careers website .
The Commercial Capital group in India and Philippines is part of the Commercial Capital Business group in the Bank. The teams in this group manage commercial lending front office related roles such as origination and documentation support, financial spreading, collateral management, portfolio management, periodic borrower credit assessment and underwriting. The Corporate Trust business of the Bank is also supported by this team. In addition, the team takes care of business reporting, technical writing and procedure publishing activities and provides business analyst support to key applications used in the Commercial Capital group.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Commercial Banking Portfolio Management Manager.
Commercial Banking Portfolio Management: Covers jobs responsible for credit portfolio management to meet the long-term financial objectives and risk tolerance for commercial banking clients. Serves as a key member of a client’s deal team.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and develop a team of individuals with low to moderate work complexity and risk in Commercial Banking Portfolio Management functional area
- Ensure credit execution is consistent and aligned with required credit policies and processes
- Support and drive adoption of new credit policies and related changes across the team
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement and risk control development in the Commercial Banking Portfolio Management functional area
- Make decisions and resolve issues regarding resources, objectives, and operations of functional area and team to meet business objectives
- Interpret and develop credit policies and procedures
- Support in execution of policy changes
- Collaborate and consult with Commercial Banking Portfolio Management peers, colleagues, and more experienced managers
- Coach and develop credit team
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Commercial Banking Portfolio Management
- Mentor and guide talent development of direct reports and assist in hiring talents
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Commercial Banking Portfolio Management, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Leadership experience
- 8-10+ years of relevant experience in commercial banking, commercial lending, credit management and analysis earned in a banking setting or shared service environment
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Experience in Stakeholder Management
- Excellent MS Office Skills particularly on MS Excel
- Have good understanding of Financial Statements and activities relating to Financial/Credit Analysis
- Experience in managing Shared Services Operations (Service Level Agreement, Volume and Capacity Management, Documentation)
- Experience in creating Training/Refresher Plan for new and existing hires
- Will manage a team of 8-10 Team Members doing portfolio monitoring activity for Renewable Energy and Environmental Finance, Strategic Capital and Borrowers Quality Rating.
- Willing to work on midshift schedule (6PM to 3AM shift)
- Willing to report on site based on existing Return to Office policy
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.