About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Business Development Officer in Consumer & Small Business Banking as a part of Small Business. Learn more about our career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
In this role, you will:
- Identifies, acquires, and grows new relationships with business customers. Creates opportunities and partners with Regional Business Relationship Managers to discuss business products and services and onboard customers. Increases Wells Fargo relevance to prospective customers and positions Wells Fargo Small Business Development and product partners for new business opportunities through marketing efforts and value added ideas. Partners with market leadership to develop strategies and lead marketing efforts in a defined territory. Assists with processes including identification of new customers, customer acquisition, initial customer contact, follow up strategies, identification of products and services to meet customer's needs, proposal development, and overall management of new customer acquisition including onboarding. Partners with Regional Business Relationship managers and other partners to ensure a smooth customer transition. Identifies additional product opportunities by developing partnerships with regional managers and product partners to deliver the full complement of Wells Fargo products and services. Prospective customers will mostly be self-sourced or come from external referral sources, including Centers of Influence. Majority of travel will be allocated to prospecting activities. Responsible for all phases of the customer service and sales life cycle including lead generation, utilization of relevant systems, following policies, leveraging product knowledge, and assessing credit needs of prospects.
- Lead or participate in moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within Small Business Development functional area and contribute to large-scale planning related to functional area deliverables
- Review and analyze moderately complex business, operational, or technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a Small Business Development team to meet project deliverables while leveraging solid understanding of Small Business Development functional area, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with Small Business Development peers, colleagues, and middle level managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Lead Small Business Development projects and teams, or serve as a mentor for less experienced individuals
- This LO position has customer contact and job duties which may include needs assessing and referring those customers interested in a dwelling secured product to a SAFE team member. This position includes assisting customers without taking an application and without offering or negotiating terms of a dwelling secured transaction. Individuals in a LO position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below
- 4+ years of Small Business Development experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience prospecting, offering products and services, and referring
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with prospects, referral sources, and colleagues
- Excellent customer service skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of financial services business
- Strong networking ability with business partners
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to be proactive, innovative and creative in meeting customer and enterprise needs
- Ability to deliver dynamic presentations to business clients
- 2+ years of direct sourcing and prospecting new clients experience
- 2+ years of commercial credit experience
- 2+ years of new business development experience
- 2+ years of business-to-business sales experience
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Experience sourcing small business clientele
- Knowledge and understanding of outside sales in a consultative Business-to-Business environment
- Knowledge and understanding of outbound calling and assessing customer needs
- A BS/BA degree or higher in business or management
- Experience building relationships with referral partners and community organizations within diverse communities
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
- CA-Stockton- 52,900- 94,100 Annual plus opportunities for commission. May be considered for a discretionary bonus, Restricted Share Rights, or other long-term incentive awards
- CA-Modesto- 52,900- 94,100 Annual plus opportunities for commission. May be considered for a discretionary bonus, Restricted Share Rights, or other long-term incentive awards
Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants
Pay Range$52,900.00 - $94,100.00 Annual
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.