About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Quantitative Analytics Specialist...
In this role, you will:
Quantitative Analytics Specialist/Data Scientist is a partner-facing role and is responsible for delivering high impact analytics, and data science projects by using analytics, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (ML/AI) with a focus on Digital, Information Security, Cyber Security, and Virtual assistants.
- Primary role of the incumbent in the AI Model Development COE is to apply business knowledge and advanced programming skills, and ML/AI to serve as a subject matter expert, analyst, advisor and consultant to support model lifecycle – data analysis, model development, performance metrics, model implementation, model production, delivery of model results, change management, documentation and governance.
- Maintains deep understanding of information security tools and technologies, emerging security issues, risks, vulnerabilities and guides others in implementing AI/ML solutions.
- Designs, develops and implements advanced cyber security solutions, leads and influence teams and stakeholders to address security concerns / issues during the planning lifecycle; develop solutions that address multiple classes of security challenges
- Lead cross-functional initiatives including creation, implementation, documentation, validation, articulation and defense, of highly advanced model development work
- Strategize short and long-term objectives, and provide analytical support for a wide array of business initiatives
- Applies the theory and mathematics behind the analysis and modeling
- Review and assess models inclusive of technical, audit, and market perspectives
- Collaborate and consult with stakeholders including regulators and auditors
- Present strategies and results of analysis and insights
- Experience in Quantitative Analytics, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, education.
- B.Tech/B.Engg/M.Tech/M.Engg/Ph.D or equivalent in a quantitative field such as Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Computer Science, Information technology, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Overall 3 – 8 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience at leading and delivering multiple modeling and advanced analytics projects in an end-to-end manner.
- Expertise in SQL, Python programming, Spark/PySpark, Github, Aster, H20 and strong experience with AI/ML packages related to modeling, data analysis, visualization and automation.
- Expertise in at least two of supervised learning, unsupervised learning, semi-supervised learning and time series analysis.
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization.
- Demonstrated excellence at identifying stakeholders, understanding needs, and driving to resolution
- Experience in implementing machine learning algorithms such as, decision trees and bagging/ boosting ensembles, model stacking, logistic regression, clustering, neural networks, graphical models etc.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge and experience in Banking or Finance domain.
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX environments
- Basic experience of non-structured data problems in NLP, Text mining, Image/Voice processing, digital analytics.
- Understanding of Deep-learning and related Artificial intelligence techniques
- Understand basics of Text/Image/Voice processing, and building models
- Working expertise in Tensorflow, Keras or Pytorch would be added advantage
- Person would be required to lead projects alongside a Data Science Manager and also work individually or as part of a team on data science projects to liaison closely with business partners across the organization.
- Individual would be developing statistical/ML/AI models using various techniques
- Role would require working closely with data engineers, BI and UI specialists to deliver top notch analytical solution for the bank.
- Define business problem and translate it into analytical problem.
- Adapt at attracting, hiring and retaining top notch data science talents and build world class team
- Help create conducive environment for nurturing and growing talents.
- Provide thought leadership around ML/AI model development and deployment
- Contribute to innovation and technical acumen around advanced AI/ML
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.