About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Risk Analytics Consultant...
In this role, you will:
- Lead or participate in moderately complex initiatives, and delivering insight and decision strategies within analytics and reporting, and contribute to large-scale planning related to Risk Analytics
- Review and analyze moderately complex data aggregation, forecasting, reporting, and programming models
- Be responsible for process production, data reconciliation, and model documentation in alignment with policy governance
- Resolve data, production, business modeling, and lead team to meet Risk Analytics deliverables while leveraging solid understanding of risk reporting policies, modeling strategies, procedures, regulatory requests, and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, experienced managers, compliance, and technology to resolve modeling, forecasting, and production issues, and achieve analytic and reporting goals
- Lead projects, teams, and mentor less experienced staff
- Partner with cross enterprise risk analysts in development of common modeling strategies
Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
We are looking for an experienced Risk consultant for the Consumer Credit Risk team. Responsibilities for this position will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Perform complex activities related to business analysis/data extract. Assess and predict risk performance across functions
- Produce production of monthly, quarterly, and annual performance reports for senior management; review and analyze trends in current population distributions
- Support research, analysis and development of credit risk data-fields, data-marts and meta-data
- Support credit risk data migrations, system transitions, data-mapping, data lineage, data reconciliation and documentation in alignment to policy and governance
- Identify opportunities and deliver process improvements, standardization, rationalization and automations(Excel to Tableau)
- Support the Analysis/validation process for Credit Risk data-marts to monitor and mitigate any potential and identified credit risks
- Extracting Credit Quality Assurance random and targeted sample applications/accounts from various data sources and provide reconciliation reports
- Over all experience around 4+ years in similar role with at least 2 years of unsecured lending experience in reporting or analytic functions
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative fields such as applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, finance, economics, econometrics or computer sciences
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong knowledge of Excel/VBA/MS Office Products
- Expertise in SAS, SAS macros & SQL, including Business Intelligence (BI) tools such as Tableau or SAS Visual Analytics
- Understanding of credit risk or data analytics domain in Segmenting and monitoring various credit and other product groups, vintages, etc. and making recommendations to management based on those trends
- Direct experience building and automating production, and/or performance reports
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Experience determining root cause analysis and change management processes
- A credit risk management analyst with at least 4 years of increasing responsibility within consumer lending
- Advanced degree in Statistics/Finance/Engineering/other quantitative disciplines
- Understanding of bank regulatory data sets and other industry data sources
- Demonstrated excellence at developing sound credit processes and enhancing existing processes
- Proficiency in Advanced SAS,SAS macros and SQL; Tableau or BI/automation tools
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.