About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Corporate Banking Associate to support our Diversified Financials strategy and development in the EMEA region.
In this role, you will:
- CIB bankers are responsible for understanding the broad range of complex financial issues facing their clients and providing solutions to these issues utilising the full suite of Wells Fargo’s products and services, which include acquisition finance and lending, private and public capital markets issuance, structured finance solutions, derivatives, FX, trade finance, treasury management and M&A
- They source, structure, and execute financing transactions, provide capital structure, ratings, risk management and M&A advice, originate transaction banking business and manage client relationships on behalf of the firm
- CIB bankers through their deep knowledge of their clients also play a central role in managing risk
- The role is to work with the Head of FIG EMEA and a Senior Banker to originate new business, execute transactions and manage client relationships for a portfolio of UK Diversified Financial Institutions including asset management and insurance companies
- Work with the Head of FIG EMEA and a senior banker on all client activities including marketing, transaction execution and coverage of this developing portfolio
- Develop a deep understanding of the industry subsectors and individual clients’ businesses
- Build client relationships and maintain client account plans in support of senior bankers
- Identify new business opportunities across Banking and Capital Markets (BCM), Markets and Transaction Banking working in collaboration with product partners
- Lead the preparation of marketing material for client pitches and participate in client presentations
- Conduct financial analysis, cash-flow modelling and forecasting to evaluate financing transactions
- Lead the preparation of credit, capital and risk memos and manage internal approval process
- Manage the transaction execution process
- Develop a thorough understanding of client credit, regulatory requirements, and associated risks. With guidance from the senior coverage banker, the Associate will work closely with Portfolio Management, Transaction Management and Credit teams
- Prepare and maintain internal reports/presentations including pipeline, business strategy and industry reviews
- Ownership of KYC/AML for the portfolio working in collaboration with the Risk & Controls team to ensure adherence to Wells Fargo’s KYC/AML frameworks
- Contribute to Wells Fargo’s commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Required Qualifications, International:
- Proven relevant experience in a similar role within a bank or relevant experience from an accounting, consulting firm or industry
- Proven academic performance. Educated to BSc/BA level strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Must demonstrate high level of personal motivation with a strong sense of personal accountability
- Must be comfortable functioning both independently and as part of a team, meeting stringent deadlines and work quality standards
- Able to learn quickly and apply critical thinking skills to achieve objectives for both internal and external clients
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment, including ability to coordinate multiple work streams and deliver against tight timelines
- Ability to interact with clients in a professional manner
- Experience in using Excel to analyse and clearly present data
- Proficient use of Word and PowerPoint
- Fluency in English and an additional language is a plus
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.