About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Credit Risk Officer...
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives including those that are cross-functional with broad impact and act as key participant in driving the company credit culture, desire, and business performance for Credit Risk
- Review and analyze complex strategies, programs and policies with a direct and significant impact on credit risk appetite and culture
- Receive direction from leaders
- Exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Interact with internal and external customers
- Collaborate with business for oversight of risk management
- Interact with Audit, Legal, external agencies, and regulatory bodies on risk related topics
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Credit Risk experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years of SAS experience (3+ years of SQL also considerable)
- Credit card experience, prefer Business Card over Consumer.
- Experience in owning and modifying Credit Risk strategies
- Experience in Machine Learning Scoring tools and adverse action reasons in underwriting and pricing processes
- 5+ years of experience within a consumer lending business, strong risk background and broad familiarity with regulation and risk requirements
- Ability to present complex concepts in layperson terms; easily tailor communication style among diversified audience ranging from executive level to analysts
- Advise senior business leadership regarding appropriate policies and processes leveraging risk management metrics/business scorecard, track performance, and monitor trends across the business
- Knowledge of Python
- Proven ability to foster constructive relationships with regulatory agencies, peers at other financial institutions, business leaders, and other internal risk management leaders/groups
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and effectively build relationships within a matrixed environment to influence outcomes both within Unsecured Lending, Consumer Lending and IRM
- Proven communication skills with the ability to influence, develop, partner, and collaborate at all levels within the organization and externally with customers, regulators, partners, and communities
- Deep knowledge of the infrastructure needed to support a line of business, leading-edge risk practices, and required end-to-end processes
- Strong process management and reengineering skills
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field preferred
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening.
- Preferred location(s) listed. Other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint may be considered for current Wells Fargo employees.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
How we hire
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturient a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.